Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of all i would like to say my bike is still stock sprockets but has lowering strap,lowered 3" rear 1"1/2 in front and yosh slipon and people sayed my previous run i posted was a 10.41 134mph and they said my mph was low wich leads to my new fastest run with even a slower mph(but quicker 60ft)

reaction-.552
60ft-1.71
330ft-4.52
594ft et-6.32
1/8 et-6.71
1/8 mph-113
1/4 et-10.27
1/4 mph-133

i am conserned when i launch my bike and start to take off and only when i am launchin there is a strange feeling as i am letting the clutch out and startin to use the torque it is kinda like a surging,studdering feeling and i dont know what it is i dont know if it is normal does anybody got any ideas on this problem thank you

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
first of all i would like to say my bike is still stock sprockets but has lowering strap,lowered 3" rear 1"1/2 in front and yosh slipon and people sayed my previous run i posted was a 10.41 134mph and they said my mph was low wich leads to my new fastest run with even a slower mph(but quicker 60ft)

reaction-.552
60ft-1.71
330ft-4.52
594ft et-6.32
1/8 et-6.71
1/8 mph-113
1/4 et-10.27
1/4 mph-133

i am conserned when i launch my bike and start to take off and only when i am launchin there is a strange feeling as i am letting the clutch out and startin to use the torque it is kinda like a surging,studdering feeling and i dont know what it is i dont know if it is normal does anybody got any ideas on this problem thank you
Could be your clutch slipping, if not you got some other issues like fuel pump or NOT going WOT in the high gears etc.....but yeah agree that MPH is WAY to low for a ZX10R.

bloo

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Seems like its falling apart on the big end of the track. From the 1/8 mile you are only gaining 20 mph, I average 30. So I would also say your clutch is slipping.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Seems like its falling apart on the big end of the track. From the 1/8 mile you are only gaining 20 mph, I average 30. So I would also say your clutch is slipping.
:+1:

Yeah, you can have a clutch slipping and still get a decent time in the front half because it helps to control the wheelies SWB but back half will expose power or problems...in fact as you know when I got my fastest 1/8mph it was when my clutch was about done but did 121mph.

bloo

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you for the replies i just bought a new clutch(dragpak) myb 75 miles on it now on the dragpak. my clutch lever has the slack its required i really dont think its the clutch yet im not riding it long from the launch and it dont feel like its slippin in the big end i think i my mph might have somethin to do with my stock 39 tooth in the rear cause my buddy has a 08 with a stock 41 in the rear and he was runnin 10.6x's 136mph im gonna try switchin to a -1+2 and see what that does for my speed

·
Registered
860 Posts
That surging your feeling is "clutch chatter." It's more common on the 2nd and 3rd gens. Basically the jutter spring flexing back and forth. It doesnt feel nice but can be remedied by changing your launch technique. Try raising the rpms on your launch and keep them up. It has to be bogging as you're doing this. Basically, try to bring the bike out on hp rather than tq if that makes sense.

·
Registered
344 Posts
what are you shifting at ? what fuel are you running ? check your air filter ,flies , and exhaust flies, and like maddness said how much do you weigh ?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
That surging your feeling is "clutch chatter." It's more common on the 2nd and 3rd gens. Basically the jutter spring flexing back and forth. It doesnt feel nice but can be remedied by changing your launch technique. Try raising the rpms on your launch and keep them up. It has to be bogging as you're doing this. Basically, try to bring the bike out on hp rather than tq if that makes sense.
what you mean bring the bike out on hp rather then tq?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
what you mean bring the bike out on hp rather then tq?
I think JL is saying to use your hp band more than the torque curve. Pretty much to raise the launch rpms to and slide the clutch more so you stay up where you are makeing HP. Opposed to coming out at a lower rpm and just useing the torque of the motor to pull you out of the hole. I think...

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just had this same problem, I was running [email protected] with my clutches slipping nasty, changed em and the bike pulls reatrded from a dig. Haven't had a chance to test it at the track but on the street it's a whole new animal so I'm thinking I should run 10.0's-9.9's.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think JL is saying to use your hp band more than the torque curve. Pretty much to raise the launch rpms to and slide the clutch more so you stay up where you are makeing HP. Opposed to coming out at a lower rpm and just useing the torque of the motor to pull you out of the hole. I think...
Yes that is what I'm sayin, keep the bike screamin and and pullin with horsepower, rather than letting it lug and hopin the torque will get you goin. With a long first gear and lower torque compared to the big bore bikes like the busa and 14 its hard to get a 1k goin without some rpms.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
m.c.i.r marion county international raceway marion ohio

i weight 175 -+ suited just a leather jacket

i will try launchin at a higher rpm next time i really dont know what my rpms are i just listen for that smooth part in the motor and raise it up just a little more

thanks all for the replies very helpfull

is there any dragracers in ohio near marion county that anybody knows about

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
m.c.i.r marion county international raceway marion ohio

i weight 175 -+ suited just a leather jacket

i will try launchin at a higher rpm next time i really dont know what my rpms are i just listen for that smooth part in the motor and raise it up just a little more

thanks all for the replies very helpfull

is there any dragracers in ohio near marion county that anybody knows about
You can worry about your launch later the problem is you where @ 113mph @ the 1/8 and only picked up 20mph in the back half. You are either not switching gears fast at or near redline or your clutch is slipping, or you live in a High elevation track IMO.

bloo

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
You can worry about your launch later the problem is you were @ 113mph @ the 1/8 and only picked up 20mph in the back half. You are either not switching gears fast at or near redline or your clutch is slipping, or you live in a High elevation track IMO.

bloo
I was thinking high elevation track because he said his buddy on the 08 only went 136.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I was thinking high elevation track because he said his buddy on the 08 only went 136.
not sure if that would bring it down that much but it is high...just don't think high enough somethings wrong(edit or maybe not).

Marion County International Raceway - LaRue, OH USA
1/4 mile Drag Racing Timeslips

Track Elevation: 990 feet

bloo

·
Registered
860 Posts
990' is not that high. My local track is 672 and another one I race at frequently and tend to run just slightly slower is 880 ish.

To the op are you sure you're getting to wot? It is very easy to position your hand where you rotate it so far and think you're there but are really not.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the track is having some big event over the 2,3,4 so i wont b able to go this wknd but the follwing wknd for sure (weather permitin) and im going to take a bit of everybodys advise higher rpms,reassure my throttle position ill let you all know how it turns out you all are very helpfull thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts