Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i i am new to the forum as well as kawasaki's I've had plenty of other bikes and worked on all of them but this one is stumping me its an 05 zx10r and it had a leaking valve cover so i pulled the tank and air box and retorqued the bolts and put everything back together now when i ride the idle is very low sounds like its running on 3 cylinders and has a bucking in all rpm ranges going to pull apart tomorrow and check all my connections and coils/plugs any thing else i need to look for?? also bike has power commander akro pipe and race filter just incase that makes a difference thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after a couple hours of searching I've stumbled across the stickie that was posted right at the top of the page and going to pull the pc3 and check every thing and see if it clears up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no luck here's what I did so far new plugs checked the coils all are getting spark pulled the power commander off and still and getting nothing no codes or any thing could it be a weak fuel pump I don't have my tester at home but will grab it tomorrow really looking for some insight

·
Registered
169 Posts
When it's running, put a thermometer on the headers to see if their all the same temp. If it ran fine before, double check all wires/connections, hoses, gas tank vent hose ect. Also double check your coil connections. It will not fire on all cylinders if their not connected correctly.

Good idea to check the pump. Most of the issues I've heard of with the pump are low power in the upper rpm range.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Random thought, did you set the idle speed with the adjuster. Not sure If an 05 works this way, but my 06 has a manual idle adjustment knob on the left side under the tank in the fairings. Previous owner did not know about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i finally figured it out turns out the previous owner replaced the fuel pump and when he did that the plastic clip that is on the pump that holds the regulator on was installed incorrectly it would not even allow me to get the pump out of the tank so i forced it out thinking worst case i just put a pump assembly in so once out i noticed the regulator was at the bottom of the tank i grabbed it put it back in place re installed the clip correctly and locked it in with the metal retainer buttoned it all back up threw in some fuel and bam runs better then ever.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts