Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, dont know if any of you 10 owners know this,or have any info on this, but a friend of mine races the 10r her in Italy. He told me if i remove the servo (for the exup vavle in the exhaust) it will increase low end power. (servo locate under the seat) . I loosen the nut and took the servo off the base mount. ( maybe its me, but the bike seems to come up a lot easer, some thing you guys may want to try) takes about 2 minutes. I have a modified stock pipe and the pc3, ran a stock 10r, and a 2002 gsxr1000 with full system and pc3, the stock 10r,i pulled away after shifting to second, and put about 1/4 mile between us after running about 3 miles, the gsxr about 1/8 of a mile after the same distance. ( one ofthe hottest 10r in Italy ( i will post some pic and video as soon as i figure out how to do it).

·
Registered
131 Posts
i did the mod, and it made a big difference on my bike. in first it would come up before around 6500 or so, not its airborne by 4500 at the latest. i also noticed it made a huge difference when doing roll ons in second or third. the lag that used to be there is gone.
Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey catfish did yoy motice the a bigger rush to topend mine just pulls all the way to what seems like a limiter in sixth gear, i think without the limiter with may hit over 190mph

·
Registered
484 Posts
gmans10r said:
hey catfish did yoy motice the a bigger rush to topend mine just pulls all the way to what seems like a limiter in sixth gear, i think without the limiter with may hit over 190mph

Gmans10R..ma che fai?.Con il prezzo della benzina in Italia ancora modifichi?. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zx rider, if i understand you correctly, being in the military i dont have to pay the outrageous gas price the italians have to pay plus i get a tax free purchase on everything.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
if you do a search there was an in depth post about this very thing....people even dyno'd the bike both ways to see if there is any difference....the difference was subtle to none... as for the bike pulling any harder at top end, there should be no difference, the valve is totally open by 6k rpms.

·
Registered
484 Posts
gmans10r said:
zx rider, if i understand you correctly, being in the military i dont have to pay the outrageous gas price the italians have to pay plus i get a tax free purchase on everything.

Sounds good.Police there are very tuff about engine mods and exhaust noise.Where in Italy?. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we americans dont have to abide by the italian rules because of the sofa agreement we have(we are military) that doesnt mean that they dont try, i am station in vicenza, not too far from venice. ( my bike just got totaled) maybe available for parts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Catfish_ said:
i did the mod, and it made a big difference on my bike. in first it would come up before around 6500 or so, not its airborne by 4500 at the latest. i also noticed it made a huge difference when doing roll ons in second or third. the lag that used to be there is gone.
Dave
Anyone have a pic for where this is located? I will try to do this over the weekend. I would love an increase in low end.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
remove the passener seat then look under the rider seat, and you will see a cable running to a servo, remove the nut on top of the servo, and pull the servo up off the base, and tape it to something wedge it between something takes ,about 2 minures. i think its a 10mm wrench for the nut.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
hey catfish....you buy this from ivan or make your own....funny, even with suzuki's, that people are inconsistent with there reports about a this product

·
Registered
484 Posts
To bad man.Motorcycles manufactures are so good now on making quality bikes that installing an aftermarket part to gain few hp's is questionable.Open filters are things of the past.With the exhausts you may gain a couple of Hp's on the upper rpm range.If you race then anything is good to get extra power but on public streets there no much of use unless you got to much money and a bit of a race on public streets .Aren't 150 hp enough?.Few tricky parts to make the bike look good and handle a bit better like :steering damper,rear sets,tires and that's it.The motor is a powerhouse and wicked fast.Is your bike and you can do anything you want.Who once sayd that stock runs the best?.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
MAVRIK said:
if you do a search there was an in depth post about this very thing....people even dyno'd the bike both ways to see if there is any difference....the difference was subtle to none... as for the bike pulling any harder at top end, there should be no difference, the valve is totally open by 6k rpms.
I tried this back when we talked about it in the post Mavrik is referring to, and I didn't notice any improvement in perceived pull... it just made the bike feel a lot different down low. On mine it actually felt sluggish, so I reconnected the servo.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
MAVRIK said:
hey catfish....you buy this from ivan or make your own....funny, even with suzuki's, that people are inconsistent with there reports about a this product
Sorry catfish....was thinking about the TRE instead of the servo....sorry

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Zxrider said:
To bad man.Motorcycles manufactures are so good now on making quality bikes that installing an aftermarket part to gain few hp's is questionable.Open filters are things of the past.With the exhausts you may gain a couple of Hp's on the upper rpm range.If you race then anything is good to get extra power but on public streets there no much of use unless you got to much money and a bit of a race on public streets .Aren't 150 hp enough?.Few tricky parts to make the bike look good and handle a bit better like :steering damper,rear sets,tires and that's it.The motor is a powerhouse and wicked fast.Is your bike and you can do anything you want.Who once sayd that stock runs the best?.
:+1: Now a days the biggest benifit for the average rider by doing mods to his bike are for the bling factor, notice I said average rider. Who is REALLY using the extra 5hp a pipe gives you or the 3hp a power commander can add. Now I'm all about modding my bike dont get me wrong, but I'm going to stick with the handling goodies, damper, rearsets, etc for a good while, probably until I turn this beast into a full track bike, maybe 2006.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Want more power?.Add a Turbo or NOS.You will really feel the big power.One or 2 hp's gained by adding a can are nothing if you want the big stuff those 2 are the only way to go.Question is....can we handle all that power and where are we going to use that rocket?.I hope it will be only at the dragstrip.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts