Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I scored a set of AK 20 equipped front forks off an 08 zx10 last week for $400. The guy that bought them had them installed at the Kawi dealer, did one track day on them and decided he needed the Ohlins forks. Supposedly this guy has a lot of money...

Anyways, Goldfish and I helped me install them last night as you might have heard from my bike spreading gossip on this forum (gonna have to change my password). We did a basic setup on it last night but it needs a little more adjustment still. I took it for a quick ride this afternoon on one of the worst (bumpy) twisty roads around here and it just soaked up the bumps! There is considerably more travel available on these forks and now there is no need for me to use a spacer to keep it from pulling to the right. We also dropped the front end 5mm to help with turn in and so far I really like it. I really look forward to putting it on the track and seeing how it feels there. Now I just gotta get the rear sorted out before spring time.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
good score, post up some pics. have you had a chance to play with them at all?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good score, post up some pics. have you had a chance to play with them at all?
they look exactly like the stock forks but with a sticker on the bottom of each fork leg. Nothing really to see from the outside. Aside from the basic setup of sag and comp/rebound I have not done much with them. I really need to double check the measurements though (needed a better measuring tape last night) and then tweak it from there. The difference can be felt though for sure.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Nice price indeed...have used them on 3 different bikes now and they also felt solid with great feedback very good product indeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts