Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I'm looking for the loudest exhaust slip-on only for the ZX10R 2019 model. I am currently using Leo Vinci LV10 as slip on. There is hardly any difference between the stock and the slip-on sound. I do not wish to remove the catalytic converter.

Looking forward for your recommendations.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,120 Posts
Without removing the cat you are pretty muted sound wise. The cat on these bikes acts like a pre muffler. I have cut one apart, trust me when I say it goes far beyond just a cat. Multiple Chambers and diversion paths for the sound. I use a twobroths exhaust. It's loud. SC project is loud. But not sure without pulling the cat. I have a mid pipe I could sell u if you change your mind

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R (Gen 6)
248 Posts
Hello Guys,

I'm looking for the loudest exhaust slip-on only for the ZX10R 2019 model. I am currently using Leo Vinci LV10 as slip on. There is hardly any difference between the stock and the slip-on sound. I do not wish to remove the catalytic converter.

Looking forward for your recommendations.
Loudest slip on is def going to be a can style so your options are:

SC Project

Racefit

or, Austin Racing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Without removing the cat you are pretty muted sound wise. The cat on these bikes acts like a pre muffler. I have cut one apart, trust me when I say it goes far beyond just a cat. Multiple Chambers and diversion paths for the sound. I use a twobroths exhaust. It's loud. SC project is loud. But not sure without pulling the cat. I have a mid pipe I could sell u if you change your mind
I was reading somewhere...removing the Servo Cables will help increase the sounds fairly keeping the slip on and CAT as it is . Any inputs on this ?

·
Registered
807 Posts
The muffler barely muffles. Twisted is correct. Most of the sound is reduced in the cat section. I have a low profile, straight through slip on similar to an Austin. It didn't get any louder after replacing the OEM muffler. Once I swapped in a link pipe is when it got loud.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I was reading somewhere...removing the Servo Cables will help increase the sounds fairly keeping the slip on and CAT as it is . Any inputs on this ?
The exhaust valve in the cat section is spring loaded to default in the open position so the valve should only be closing off at high RPM when the servo is trying to restrict decibels. I'm not an expert but that's my assumption.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts