Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey looking to get a new pipe soon for my bike, just a slip on. I know all them are around the same noise. but what's the loudest pipe in your opinon?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
M4 GP slip on... unless you are talking about a no baffle straight pipe, those would be the loudest.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
striaght pipes are def. loud as hell, I would say roaring toyz, brocks,any megaphone exhuast, just keep in mind with the loss of back pressure there will be lose of hp so you will need a tune and def. say a pc or something. But jardine makes some striaght pipes and there cheap. Heck a cheap way is just make your own if you know how.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah thats what I'm running, I had a level one slip on tell the old lady dropped something on it in the garage and messed up the mid-pipe and can ect(long story), but I had to put my pre muffler on again and I just put a $10 stainless steel 2.25" exhaust tip on there and had it tuned for right now!!! I have something coming here in the nexted week to get rid of that haha, but its freaking loud for sure with just the pre muffler/boom box and tip!!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Jardine gp1 is a loud exhaust, but I would go with the two brothers pipe cuz it has a loud sound and plus a deep tone to it, sounds awesome
two brothers sound:

the gp style sound:

oh yeah Muzzy is also loud exhaust, dont go with the Akrapovic and Yoshimura if you want to get loud exhaust.

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
BoZ bros Moira or B2 is just damn fucking loud..stupid loud. Slash from Racefit is also LOUD. and D&D.LOL

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
LOR pipe are not loud IMO now the M4 GP pipe that i had on was loud and if you take the baffle out of it, its even louder and annoying as hell LOL.. but LOR to me are quiet, but then again im pretty deaf ....

·
Registered
282 Posts
hey no one answered my M4 question regarding dB levels for the track when I posted my own thread, but maybe I can get it answered here.

I'm running an M4 now and want to do a track day but don't know if I'll be allowed.

Has to be under 103 dB @idle, measured from 5m away. Think I can pull it off?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey when ur ridin up on cars with their radios or mobiles blarin in their ears, you want them to think "good God, best move over before Zues shoves a bolt up my ass"

Riding the stock exhaust I pissed off a lot of cars that we're jolted to suddenly see me next to them or right in their mirror last minute. Also when I filter through cars at the light, before the M4 they would always be pissed and honk. Imagine some dude locked up in traffic sippin his coffee and get scared shitless by some guy who wizzes within cm of his mirror.

Now with the M4 they can hear me rumbling from a few cars back and they don't get so upset when I filter either.

Bad news...the M4 is LOUDER with my helmet on than off!!! It seems to hit just the right frequency to be LOUDER in the helmet!!! That's the best I can explain it.

But I usually ride with my deep mushy ear bud earphones anyways so no big deal.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
loud pipes fail
+1!!!
S
Try searching next time

Im sure Boz Bros exhaust wins it overall but ive owned the limited Area-P gp exhaust and now have an exclusive "velocity tial dual pipes" :wink:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I got my m4 pipe because it was the loudest i heard..Plus maybe this time i wont get side sweeped by a fucken ford windstar that said he didnt see me OR HEAR me so i know they hear me now

1 - 20 of 39 Posts