Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for some time now i have been hearing a loud vibration at exactly 3,000 rpm when i accelerate or de-accelerate its louder than the engine and is coming from the front of the bike.and i have taken the tank and air box of and then checked for lose bolts but none that i could see. the bike runs fine, perfect even
it,s a z10r df6-2006 at 14,700 miles on the clock raw titanium colour :)

so what do you think it is ? :n:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm going to guess cam chain.

·
Registered
2014 KTM 1190 RC8R
1,904 Posts
I'll bet if you put some bb's in your bar ends or upgrade to weighted bar ends, you'll fix the vibration. For whatever reason, the gen2's came out of the factory with slightly unbalanced crankshafts. This causes bar vibration at low rpms. The only true fix is to have the crankshaft balanced, but you can usually mask the vibration with weighted bar ends.

I would first check the torque on your frame bolts. If they're good, I would weight the bar ends.

·
Registered
381 Posts
The fact that it's at 3k rpm everytime and that it can be both on accel and decel makes me thinking its something in the motor like the cam chain making noise. You'd think it would be different under load vs on decel if it was something else on the bike rattling. Like the only thing that is constant is the rpm which in my mind means something that's turning like the cam chain. Could be wrong though, just an idea.

·
Registered
2014 KTM 1190 RC8R
1,904 Posts
The fact that it's at 3k rpm everytime and that it can be both on accel and decel makes me thinking its something in the motor like the cam chain making noise. You'd think it would be different under load vs on decel if it was something else on the bike rattling. Like the only thing that is constant is the rpm which in my mind means something that's turning like the cam chain. Could be wrong though, just an idea.
Very well could be the cam chain, however, my cam chain was loose and I never felt vibration, but I certainly heard it rattle like a can of bolts. The OP described the vibration at the front of the bike; cam chain noise is from the central location under the seat. APE manual cct fixed me right up.

When I'm in low rpms, I hear and feel definite vibration at the front of the bike. Researched the issue when I 1st bought the bike and found the crankshaft info.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Thought these (genII) were known to have a weird vibe in the front part around the ignition area and could swear there was a thread about it not long ago that said it was just a weird vibration and nothing more (maybe the plastics or around the key area, cant remember) and not to worry about it. Not saying this is the OP's situation as he said his is at 3K but i know for mine it was the first thing i noticed and have tightened everything down and still get it - and yes mine seems to happen in very low RPM's as well. The vibe im thinking about is distinctly different than my cam chain rattle. Still would check the cam chain tension OP.
Is it like a ring ring or a clack/click? Cause id say the cam chain sounds like a clicky clack and the weird vibe i get is a ringing sort of thing almost like a key chain. Swear when i first heard it it sounded like it was right in the dash area or something around the speedo.:dontknow:

Wow, you have a raw ti GenII??? Would love to see it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts