Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I would like to see if anyone else has had this happen before. I was riding the other day through town going like 50 mph, and a loud squealing noise came from the engine on my bike for roughly 4 to 5 seconds then it stopped. It ran fine all the way home the next morning I started it up and it idled for about 5 seconds and started squealing again so I shut it off immediately. Tried starting and it is squealing while cranking..any ideas? I've already taken the starter cover off and made sure it want the starter or gears.any help will be greatly appreciated

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
post a video if u can

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Won't start anymore and 1st gear is the only one that it will actually go into and when I try to roll the bike in gear the tire just slides. I just had the valves shimmed over the winter and haven't even put 100 miles on it. i'm thinking that something that he has done is the culprit

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Man u got me then. post a video of u trying to start it. might help a little

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the engine is stuck but not when the clutch is pulled in the bike rolls fine. I'm going to try to post a video but the battery is dead now from trying to start it it doesn't even have enough juice to spin it any more. I know these motors are practically bomb proof and like I said it ran flawlessly before I had the valves shimmed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes but it probably won't be charged until tomorrow I'll try to get a video up asap but either way the bike is going back to the guy that shimmed the valves. Its his baby no one else had been inside the motor but him

·
Registered
197 Posts
Definitely if you can, get someone to record the issue whil you replicate the sound, a member here will chime in on potential issue. Good luck to you, and hopefully the motor isn't damaged. We can assume it ain't a belt squealing. But good luck again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well guys, as expected it didn't take long to find the problem once we took the side cases off. Luckily it was a simple fix, the stator bolts backed out and found its way to the flywheel.I'll be back to riding in no time.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,390 Posts
Well guys, as expected it didn't take long to find the problem once we took the side cases off. Luckily it was a simple fix, the stator bolts backed out and found its way to the flywheel.I'll be back to riding in no time.
:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts