Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost rear brake so I changed my rear brake reservoir today and bled it.Still no brakes.Its zx10r 2008 Your comments are appreciated.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Must be air gettin in there some how...Did you put on the copper washers on both sides of the brk line bolt...Dbl chk the res connection to the rear master..Top off the res and open bleeder to see if fluid flows..If it does close up bleeder screw and pump rear brk and hold down the peddle and back off bleeder without letting up on the brk lever...If you got no air in or out its yer rear master..
Most likely find another on ebay dirt cheap..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks craig.Yep rear master gone.Can u take the rear master off with the back rim still on.Thanks gand.:eek:ccasion1

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
Almost sounds like your talkin about the caliper and not the master cyl..The master cyl is what your brk lever is attached to and the caliper is down by the back wheel...Which are you referrin to??
Either way both come off with only a cpl bolts...Use lots of rags to cover all painted surfaces(as was already mentioned)rebuild or replace..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
craig_sez u right.I have changed my rear brake reservoir, and bled it.So the rear caliper must be gone.:BangHead:Can I take the rear caliper off with the rear wheel still on.Any tips.Cheers gand:eek:ccasion1

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
NOOOO not really..Could be the master cyl itself....Only way i can think of is to pull one of your front calipers off,hook up to rear line and just hold it on the rear rotor..See if it bleeds and holds..If it does you know its the caliper,if it doesnt its the master...Unless you have an extra caliper layin around to use as a test....Just remember to sit the cal on the rear disc as if its attached to bike,dont wanna blow the seals on a good caliper..

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts