Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mates bike...

all started when this guy got the idea from another friend to buy a woolich system, he had a bazzaz Zfi and goul flashed ECU.

he was unable to unblock the ECU and sent it to gaul to unlock, then I flashed the bike to a generic map.

The bike left the dyno before with 186 on pump and exotics fuels 195...

Now the bike is on 178hp, the most I got out was 179 and I tried like 12.7 and 13 and nothing changes, as soon as I did the second pass, I said to the mechanic something is wrong with this bike, because when you are in the ball park you dont make miracles.

I told him check your entire bike......

Any ideas...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,715 Posts
Well, this whole story sounds fishy to me. The Woolich system can unlock the Guhl-flashed ECU and you can download the Guhl map out of it. I've done it. Why did it get sent back to Guhl for any reason???

How long apart were the dyno runs? Why was a generic map flashed to the ECU? Why are you trying AFR ratios that are that rich? Hopefully that's a typo and you really meant 13.7 AFR. Have you actually tuned the bike using the Woolich system to get it where you want it to be? What's the curves look like before and after tuning?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
skydork
he could not unlock it.... I tried with his user and could not do it either... so he sent it back.
I know it can be done, but Im just only the tuner, and he has a mechanic, and a couple of consultants (he is a rich guy)

I fitted with one of the shared maps, and it was very very lean like 14/1 177hp so I flatten out the imperfections and gave it 12.6/1 ratio then 179 hp then 13/1 same results..... all done from woolich.

tried advancing the ignition on top end from 32 to 34 same result.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,715 Posts
Well, most of the Kawis seem to like around 13.7 AFR from what I've heard.

Again, how long apart were the dyno runs?

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
I'm not sure about the 10's, but I will tell you i'm kinda fighting the same issue with my 14R. I have the Guhl flash with his base fuel map. It's a little too lean now since i have a milled head now. But trying to add fuel through my PCV hasn't helped.

The only thing I can come up with is Guhl base fuel map doesn't seem to work well with the PCV. I think the root of the problem is Guhl advances timing and fuel tables, and although the PCV is downstream from the ecu something isn't working properly. I've been tempted to send my ecu back to Don and have him take his fuel map out, put my timing wheel on and tune on my own.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
do you tune these types of bikes often? have you talked with woolich about it? that's a fairly rich afr for these bikes. generally a 13.5:1 is the safe side of perfect (for longevity you don't tune a non race bike to the absolute limit). you've gotta fully build the ignition and fuel mapping, not just wot and not just top end

and it's not the first time i've heard of guhls flashes being not quite right. probably best to call up the software company whose software may not be working right on the ECU if you haven't already.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Archer...
I think I did not use the correct procedure to unlock it, but that is just me. I have used the system and with excellent results, and that is not the topic. the gaul + bazzaz explanation was to explain was been done...

I think the problem is not the ECU.... since when you are in the ball park 12.5-13.5 you are almost there.... my personal bike whent from 181 to 189 going from almost 14 to 13....

That is wy as soon as I saw the bike put 177hp I said....mmmm there is something wrong here since Im in the ball park.

fuel pump does not seem to be since fuel on top end looks normal. anyway I told the mechanic to check fuel pressure.

Sparks plugs - told the mechanic to change them. also.

any more ideas

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im alrrready doing that....

piece of crap bikes, with bad mechanics, then they ask you to do magic.

the other day a friend calls me, that his gen4 is beaten by a honda rr, so the problem the Reflash guy ME, I say ok, I went to check the bike, surprise a kinked fuel line + lots of other crap with the bike...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Well, this whole story sounds fishy to me. The Woolich system can unlock the Guhl-flashed ECU and you can download the Guhl map out of it. I've done it. Why did it get sent back to Guhl for any reason???

How long apart were the dyno runs? Why was a generic map flashed to the ECU? Why are you trying AFR ratios that are that rich? Hopefully that's a typo and you really meant 13.7 AFR. Have you actually tuned the bike using the Woolich system to get it where you want it to be? What's the curves look like before and after tuning?

Hey I sent you a PM in regards to pulling the guhl flash..

·
Registered
951 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this older thread, but I see people are talking about targeting mid 13 ARs? Seems kinda lean? I've been targeting right around 13.0 but am now curious as to if I should be leaning it out a bit?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this older thread, but I see people are talking about targeting mid 13 ARs? Seems kinda lean? I've been targeting right around 13.0 but am now curious as to if I should be leaning it out a bit?
13.4-13.7:1 is generally the safe side of performance AFR's. some bikes will like a swing a little bit. 13 flat generally is too rich.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On the dyno is to rich 13??? Autotune I would say yes.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
951 Posts
Hmm. Well, I guess I'll see what 13.5 will do. Good to know. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Hmm. Well, I guess I'll see what 13.5 will do. Good to know. Thanks fellas.
well, you're watching the line right, and feeling the bike pull. is it a smooth line and is it a smooth pull? tune to 13.5, goes up over the baseline? ok go to 13.6, goes down? ok go to 13.4, goes up? ok try 13.3, too far? ok back to 13.4. it's not a set exact magic number and it takes a lot of fine tuning to build fuel maps. it's just on average for majority of all stock engine bikes out there best target afr. you tune for the performance/smoothness/power and then go a smidge to the safe side (no one likes blown engines).

i could be wrong though, i'm sure someone will say so

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My bike was tuned for 13.1 on the dyno taking into account that it has a mrw he filter that leans the bike and the intake gutted and airbox mood... I rich out 1-2% more and felt better on the road... those bemers and even zx10r (reflashed) where on reverse.!!!!! on those top end runs.

Later used a oxigenated fuel... holy shit...

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since that bike is a Race for money bike on the street.

My mates took it apart, nothing mechanical, nothing with ECU like I told him before....

one coil was misfiring on very top end, when the mechanic took it apart the coil was damaged...

new 4 coils, bike did on race fuel 195hp... and this dyno is very timid on the #s....

interesting this bike was loosing 15hp just on top and 4hp on the mid, just for that, and we where thinking "this bike is making 181, and that is tipical # for reflash, exhaust, filter, etc" there must be something mechanical.

no just one ignition coil was making all the problem

·
Registered
718 Posts
Since that bike is a Race for money bike on the street.

My mates took it apart, nothing mechanical, nothing with ECU like I told him before....

one coil was misfiring on very top end, when the mechanic took it apart the coil was damaged...

new 4 coils, bike did on race fuel 195hp... and this dyno is very timid on the #s....

interesting this bike was loosing 15hp just on top and 4hp on the mid, just for that, and we where thinking "this bike is making 181, and that is tipical # for reflash, exhaust, filter, etc" there must be something mechanical.

no just one ignition coil was making all the problem
How did you figure out that it was doing that?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts