Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to make anyone sad but I lost another friend to Leukemia. His name was Caleb Brooks. I didnt know him that well but we were actually around the same age and diagnosed with the same disease, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, or A.L.L. We both went through the same treatments and huing out and talked during our doctor visits. Were both re diagnosed back around March 08 in pronounced in remission around then. We were both around the same age and stage in our treatments. I will be turning 24 on the 16th and my heart goes out to his family. He will be missed. Scientist say they dont know what causes cancer but some of my doctors says its due to stress. Just at the hospital were I get treated there have been about 10 new cases of A.L.L. in children. Parents nowadays need to be careful what they say around their children b/c kids pick up on EVERYTHING that is said around them, whether its money problems, relationship issues.. whatever... Kids hear parents talking about these things and think its their fault which causes stress on them. If stress was the cause for me getting sick, it was due to my money problems... mainly debt from credit cards, school, etc. Now i live life one day/ step at a time... God Bless you guys. Ride Safe!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
damn, sucks to hear that. i didnt know you were sick either. stay well man

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Sorry about your friend but yea man that's all you can do is just take one day at a time. No one is promised tomorrow. I try to live in the moment as much as possible and try not to worry about the past or the future. I try to focus on the present b/c that's what we're living in. Good luck man! Eat right, exercise an workout, be happy and laugh as much as you can everyday! And have some good sex every once in while that's the best medicine for a healthy mind, body an soul. And cut the stress out of your life! :idea: :wink:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Sorry for the loss. I've never heard of this condition.

One day at a time, and one mile at a time. take it easy my friend :hello:

:eek:ccasion1:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANKS GUYS! And its a blood disorder that attacks your lymph nodes which help process the trash in your body, if you look on cancer.org there's a lot of info on there. or just google it, thats where i started finding out about it. that and asking b/c if you dont ask... you'll never find out

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thanks for sharing.. My father has Leukemia. He has been in remission (or low grade) for decades now and is 81. He also has some cardio issues but still lives a low stress life and I think that really does help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
GOD bless him!we all live exactly an opposite way Lord planned for us,so every loss of this planet drives to freedom!!all it stays,is the pain to us,that can not suffer the loss..:sad:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts