Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done fixing the passenger side wheel bearing on the Dodge. Sounded kinda like the brake pads were rubbing, but it got worse when you turned to the left and the brakes felt fine, even when under hard pressure.

so I pull it apart and sure enough, it's the $139 wheel bearing and not the $28 brake pads... well I did both, the pads needed changing as well

so, 2 hours and some coin later, El Diablo is back up and running, not what I had planned for a sunday afternoon but glad it happend now and not when I was on the road heading out for deer hunting this week.

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
poop, someone move this please, it's supposed to be in the out house, not here

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Moved.

:)

Most newer vehicles have sealed wheel bearing hub assemblies that cost a lot more than $139, so count your blessings.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Moved.

:)

Most newer vehicles have sealed wheel bearing hub assemblies that cost a lot more than $139, so count your blessings.
Not only that you need some BIG tools sometimes and a job like that can cost you up to $500 with parts and labor maybe more. My step Daughter had her's done at a shop and it was $350....I would have done it for her but I didn't have the Big Impact sockets at the time that matched......won't be a problem next time I bought a great Impact set with multiple socket sizes in a sturdy Plastic case from Harbor Freight I believe for around $35 on discount. I used it to replace some half shafts already on a ford explorer and saved some $$$ right off the bat there. :cool:

·
Of course you are faster
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:wink:I have a 3/4 driver Chicago Pnumatic impact wrench, and a set of sockets that go up to 2 inches:cool: That's gitt'n her done.

I have a million dollar man who I can consult with, he knows everything. I count myself lucky that I can spend the money on parts and get it done in one afternoon.

feels good to identify the problem, pull it apart, fetch the new parts and get'er back together.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
:wink:I have a 3/4 driver Chicago Pnumatic impact wrench, and a set of sockets that go up to 2 inches:cool: That's gitt'n her done.

I have a million dollar man who I can consult with, he knows everything. I count myself lucky that I can spend the money on parts and get it done in one afternoon.

feels good to identify the problem, pull it apart, fetch the new parts and get'er back together.
How many people can't even check or adjust tire PSI, nowadays. I always picture my dad in the garage cussing after busting his knuckles and teaching me how to use the different tools. Props to you for fixing it on your own.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
That sucks man. I just did the rears in my car last month and it wasnt too bad. I had to get someone to press them out. My 50 ton press wouldnt budge them. Other then that it was a pretty easy job. Sounds like yours was a little more difficult. Cool that you got her done though!
:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts