Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.speedzone.com/losangeles/racing.html#1

Go head-to-head against your friends in 300-horsepower dragsters. You'll fire from the line, shifting and accelerating your way from 0-70 MPH in 3.5 heart-pounding seconds! All the thrills of racing an NHRA Top Fuel Dragster, plus head-to-head competition. That's right, six heart-stopping, propane-fueled, 300 horsepower racing machines that go 0-70 in less than 3.5 seconds and pull 2.5 G-forces. The trick is to be on the accelerator when the third yellow light goes out. If you wait to see the green light, you’re toast.

$15.00 FOR THREE RACES

4' 8" MINIMUM HEIGHT REQUIREMENT
HAIR LONGER THAN SHOULDER LENGTH MUST BE TIED BACK

We were visiting LA and he always told me from seeing this place in passing along the HWY 60, it looks fun, but always said NO we are not here for that........but this time as he was sleeping in the Car I pulled off the road and hit this place then he woke up to the SpeedZone front building. He was so happy UNTIL we found out he wasn't Old enough or tall enough for some of the other go carts but the DragCars he was eligible only needing to be 4'8" he is 4' 11"..he was scared shitless but I convinced him he would be fine it's safe.

Well, he beat me 2 out of 3 times :badteeth: Either I better give up drag racing or I we have a future Star in the family....I must admit it gave me the adrenaline like my 10R at the strip and we both where hitting 3.5s. :thumbsup:

Anyone ever try that in LA or Dallas?

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess yo u need a lot of seat time! :lol:

on one race I was looking at a TREE that was dead it was on the other side I was suppose to look at and my son got the jump...what an idiot but f'sho seat time. :lol: :eek:ccasion1

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Revenge is ohhhhh so sweet Bloo.....you'll get him sooner or later i'm sure!!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
ha ha thats what you get, these kids are better because we didnt have some of this fun stuff thats out now, lol

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ha ha thats what you get, these kids are better because we didnt have some of this fun stuff thats out now, lol
It seems that way. :badteeth::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
quick kid

sounds like a natural. seriously, good, clean racing can bond a father and son. maybe get him interested, always at a safe level. my sons first pass ever was 10.00 at 146 on a zx12, his first streetbike, 2 wks riding it.he was 24. we really enjoyed racing together. just a thought.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sounds like a natural. seriously, good, clean racing can bond a father and son. maybe get him interested, always at a safe level. my sons first pass ever was 10.00 at 146 on a zx12, his first streetbike, 2 wks riding it.he was 24. we really enjoyed racing together. just a thought.
What was your Sons Mods?...that is awesome...I have been having clutch problems but weigh 215lbs suited but did 10.00s last time out on my 10r @ 148mph...your kid is hauling... :eek:ccasion1

With that said I hope my Son doesn't follow me in the drag strip thing(I get worried :badteeth:) and maybe he won't. I am lucky to be alive with my bike experiences in 30yrs of riding all over the world. :badteeth:

bloo

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Bloo, I use to go there all the time. I haven't been there in years but see it all the time when I drive by. That place is awesome.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
son racing

my son was a motocrosser, had never rode a street bike. was sooo glad to see him stop moto before seriously hurt. 2000 12 bought at gbi confiscation auction. dusty, been stored for months, dead battery. had air shifter, compressor, strapped, nice extended arm by adams, chrome wheels, shift light and akra tit full., nice paint. turned out to also have 1257 stk,comp, pistons, base gasket removed, ported head by lee shierks, springs, and dual intakes. we just cleaned it up well, pull some fresh gas in, a battery. first ride was , dang this thing is fast. pulled 180 on pump, 225 with a safe shot of juice. paid 4200. , 5yrs ago.picture listed under profile.i understand your concern about dragracing, but comapred to motocross, the strip is much safer.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my son was a motocrosser, had never rode a street bike. was sooo glad to see him stop moto before seriously hurt. 2000 12 bought at gbi confiscation auction. dusty, been stored for months, dead battery. had air shifter, compressor, strapped, nice extended arm by adams, chrome wheels, shift light and akra tit full., nice paint. turned out to also have 1257 stk,comp, pistons, base gasket removed, ported head by lee shierks, springs, and dual intakes. we just cleaned it up well, pull some fresh gas in, a battery. first ride was , dang this thing is fast. pulled 180 on pump, 225 with a safe shot of juice. paid 4200. , 5yrs ago.picture listed under profile.i understand your concern about dragracing, but comapred to motocross, the strip is much safer.
That's a good point...if he sticks to the dragstrip only I don't think I will have a problem....bikes and history like me I am a concerned Daddy that's just me knowing ALL what can go wrong if your not in the right mindset and no luck...he's my only kid and worry....but point taken. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
418 Posts
Where is this place at? Im taking my first time to the LA area next thursday and plan on getting into as much random stuff as possible.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where is this place at? Im taking my first time to the LA area next thursday and plan on getting into as much random stuff as possible.
posted a link in thread 1

bloo

·
Registered
825 Posts
Beginners luck or was his lane a bit stickier Bloo.LOL. The apple never falls too far from the tree man.You might have a champion in the making.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I might have to take a trip to Dallas. I need to see if I'm faster than wifey, but she's a killer at the stoplights, and a pedal masher lol. If there were a stoplight drag champion she'd be it!! :lol:

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
I decided to teach my lil boy everything I know just in case he ever decides to ride he will be experienced and not be a squid!

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
Isn't it also power to weight ratio?

I doubt at 4'11" he weights less than half of you.
Major advantage and perhaps he has really good reflexes.

I think you should celibrate this by taking him to Starbucks and getting him his first Venti Mocha Latte.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I decided to teach my lil boy everything I know just in case he ever decides to ride he will be experienced and not be a squid!
That's the problem, when he was 5yrs old I gave him drag racing games, taught him about the tree or reminded him if he sees Green he already lost etc....made me look like a squid. :lol:

Isn't it also power to weight ratio?

I doubt at 4'11" he weights less than half of you.

Major advantage and perhaps he has really good reflexes.

I think you should celibrate this by taking him to Starbucks and getting him his first Venti Mocha Latte.
He a skinny kid but athletic....think soccer that's his game and yes still weighs less than half of me. :badteeth::helmet:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts