Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as a few of you know i got a 9-month old white german shepard.(the giant cat Juan).

well he passed away early this morning from a heart attack. i took him to the vet and they recommended getting an autopsy done so off i went on an 1 1/2 hour drive to have it done. thats when we found out his heart was enlarged and had suffered a heart attack.
we new he had a murmur since his first vet visit and always had hoped it would go away.

Moses as we called him, was a happy go lucky fella that always wanted to play or just hang out. his favorite place was standing in between your legs, almost making it look like you were riding him. he had to be the most vocal dog i have ever owned. not really a barker, just a moaner and groaner. it made you think he was truely trying to talk to you.

he was my 8yr olds' dog and will be missed dearly by all of us. we were happy to have him around as long as we did.....as short lived as it was.

Attachments

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss. Are heart attacks in German Sheperds rare?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Extremely sorry to hear of your loss. Pets become such a part of the family. Best wishes to you and the family.:sad:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think the vet may have just been simplifying what happend to your dog by calling it a "heart attack." But German shepards are known for various congenital problems. Either way my deepest simpathies, I know 1st hand losing a pet is tough.

Ken

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
Very sorry for your loss, the bond between man and dog is very special, it would tear me up to loose my buddy Rudy the Jack! I feel for you buddy.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss...its hard losing a pet...that was a very pretty dog btw...thats the first white one i have ever seen

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the vet may have just been simplifying what happend to your dog by calling it a "heart attack." But German shepards are known for various congenital problems. Either way my deepest simpathies, I know 1st hand losing a pet is tough.

Ken
ya i've heard of some having problems hips joints etc but never heart problems. my vet is a good vet. she had me take him to a animal desease place at a university here and they had a technical term for it but more or less heart failure

thanks everyone for the comments we appreciate the support

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
bro,,,,,,,,,,,my most deepest sympathies go out to you and your family!!...hearing this breaks my heart!.........luckz is right too......beautiful dog.,........I am sooooo close with my dogs!!.they are like my kids........since i have no children!.......I lost my Rottweiler a few years back and was devastated!........there is a memorial tattoo on my chest to remind me of him,......not that i need to be reminded....just felt like he was so damn loyal to me.......that I just felt like I had to honor him in some way....so that is what I did....never sorry for it either.....now i have two Pitbulls.they are my best buds!........
So sorry to hear of your loss.........my heart goes out to ya!!..............

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
I now notice he is in the background of your avatar!!.........

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
sorry man that really sucks its like losing a family member. ive got 3 dogs and i got one htats going on 14 yrs old (black lab) and ive had her since i was little. i feel for ya RIP

·
Registered
344 Posts
my vet is a good vet. she had me take him to a animal desease place......

1st off about me I will be starting my 4th and final year of Vet School in May. 2nd in no way was I trying to say your vet isnt good or didnt do everything that could be done to help. Im just saying that German Shepards as a breed are predisposed to tons of congential problems.
As an example say it was heart failure due to valvular insufficiency. Not exactly a "heart attack" like we see in people but you get the same results. But to the lay person if you say "heart attack" they can get an Idea of what has happend. Im just saying that the diagnosis may not be "heart attack". but this was the easiest way to describe it to someone who is not familiar with medicine. I AM NOT TRYING TO BE A JERK OR DISCREDIT YOUR VET IN ANY WAY. If I have offended you I am truly sorry and wont say anything else regarding the topic. Again my condolences to you and your family.

Ken

1 - 20 of 47 Posts