Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I took my bike back to the track tonight and was not happy with any of my times,I replaced my plugs and changed my gearing after my last trip to the track because I wasnt happy then.That wasnt my problem,I cant get the bike to 60 ft for anything anymore and my times went from consistent 9.30's at 147-149 to 9.70's at 139-141,60'ft dropped from 1.50's to high 1.60's. Im now running the same numbers on spray that it was running on motor before.It still has factory clutches.I did check them and they all were in spec and weren't worn so bad they needed replaced.COuld it still be the clutches??

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iwas running 9.30's in may,ya it wasnt as hot then but it was still hot out.It is the clutches,just took the bike out on the street and launched hard,airshifted to 2nd and it free revd.There cooked.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Iwas running 9.30's in may,ya it wasnt as hot then but it was still hot out.It is the clutches,just took the bike out on the street and launched hard,airshifted to 2nd and it free revd.There cooked.
you have a combination of things that are affecting your performance right now..you have found one with the clutches...but your second issue is gonna be the weather...the humidity has been robbing everybody this year..get your clutches replaced and you will get back alittle but not all..atleast not until the humidity subsides alittle..:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
lol there ya go. have you used the cycle concepts clutch? it's freakin awesome! i won't ever use another
for the price I don't blame you....it's OEM part # plates just a different configuration/part #s in the stack....and nothing is better than OEM plates for the 10Rs for us stock guys :wink:...on my second PAK of Cycle Concepts. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
860 Posts
for the price I don't blame you....it's OEM part # plates just a different configuration/part #s in the stack....and nothing is better than OEM plates for the 10Rs for us stock guys :wink:...on my second PAK of Cycle Concepts. :thumbsup:
Thanks Blue, I was wonderin if they were his own manufactured plates or some kind of combo of others. I've heard nothing but great things about them. I will definitely be goin to Dwayne when these ORIGINALS finally wear out. Besides my basket tryin to grenade, I've been very happy with the 10 clutch. SWB all last year cuttin 1.58's and have only replaced the steels this year, with kg clutch factory steels my buddy had at his shop. Still runnin the same fibers that were in it when I got it over a year ago! :rockwoot:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya,I tore it apart and my steeles are all blue,they got hot as hell,gona replace everything and not just certain things,I just had it apart about a month ago to welding up the basket,should have replaced it all then

·
Registered
235 Posts
While we are on the topic of clutches... I bought a cycle concepts drag pak and it worked great to start. Now I can't slip it at all. It grabs and pulls the motor down on the launch. I went to the track the other night and did a best of
1.58 60ft
4.047 330ft
5.672 594ft
6.034 1/8th et
124 mph

Thats what it should run on motor, sadly enough that was a bottle pass...

·
Registered
235 Posts
oh yeah just figured I'd tell you guys that 109/111 cam degree does not work for me at all. What are some of you set up at? Also I can't even remember what stock degree is.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ok I took my bike back to the track tonight and was not happy with any of my times,I replaced my plugs and changed my gearing after my last trip to the track because I wasnt happy then.That wasnt my problem,I cant get the bike to 60 ft for anything anymore and my times went from consistent 9.30's at 147-149 to 9.70's at 139-141,60'ft dropped from 1.50's to high 1.60's. Im now running the same numbers on spray that it was running on motor before.It still has factory clutches.I did check them and they all were in spec and weren't worn so bad they needed replaced.COuld it still be the clutches??
did you ever get back to the track with new clutches?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well I went back to thetrack tonight with good results. I stayed in the 1.50's all night with the sixty foot times. Didn't have a bottle with anything in it so it was all motor tonight. I went 6 teens all night though. Dropped one tooth in front and raised it to 9k when leaving and it worked out. New intake camwill be here in a couple days so maybe it will continue to get faster.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
While we are on the topic of clutches... I bought a cycle concepts drag pak and it worked great to start. Now I can't slip it at all. It grabs and pulls the motor down on the launch. I went to the track the other night and did a best of
1.58 60ft
4.047 330ft
5.672 594ft
6.034 1/8th et
124 mph

Thats what it should run on motor, sadly enough that was a bottle pass...
You can always give me a call and I'll be glad to help you out...if the clutch was working properly before and then something started to change, I would definitely pull the clutch to be sure it's not a mechanical issue such as inner hub.etc..also proper clutch adjustment is critical to allow you to slide the clutch the way you would like..give me a buzz if you need help..:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts