Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
6,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe some day, but I doubt it

Night riding in Qatar.

"These pictures show Kenny Roberts Jr, Loris Capirossi and Valentino Rossi night riding in Qatar on Thursday, to evaluate the exciting possibility of future Losail MotoGP races being held at night.

The test was carried out between 18.30 and 19.00 local time - in full darkness - with vast football-stadium style lamps illuminating the Losail racetrack from the startline to the first corner.

The three world champions - who represent the Safety Commission - completed around four laps on street bikes, the headlamps of which were necessary for those parts of the track without the benefit of artificial lighting.

"It would be possible to race here during the night but they need to improve the illumination which, at the moment, doesn't allow us to ride safely," declared Ducati Marlboro rider Capirossi. "Shadows, that depend on the light position, create some problems and also braking markers are not clearly visible. Anyway, if the lighting was improved, it would become possible to race here at night."

source: crash.net

Attachments

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
Methinks R6 sales just took an upturn, thanks for the pics :ayyy:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
danno22 said:
Methinks R6 sales just took an upturn, thanks for the pics :ayyy:
Even on a streetbike Rossi can't help but be in front. :headshake

·
talker of shite
7,285 Posts
Andy said:
Even on a streetbike Rossi can't help but be in front. :headshake
:iamwithst just watched the vid, but to tell the truth none of them looked comfortable & I did'nt see knee meet tarmac once!:badteeth: I also watched the vid of fp2 & NH makes a proper squid of himself:lol:

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
dam krjr is chubby. i may be wrong but they said that caparossi was on a 999. it looks to me that that is a 999s or 999r by the looks of the ohlins forks.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
bikes would run cooler.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
krjr could weigh 300lbs and still whoop all of our asses in pitch black if he wanted to!! i am surprised they don't bring some of the 24hr of lemans officals out there for night setup. either way, it should be badass whenever it does happen, but imagine if there is a crash!! prob need reflective gear of some sort on!

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
Fred S said:
Night time is the only time you want to ride in Qatar. Hot gets redefined out in the Middle East.
:iamwithst :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts