Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Loring Land speed report 269.776 MPH

Hey folks, the ZX10 popped it's turbo plenum twice in 2 passes. The second time it just separated a small amount, and I ran it through at 205. Good enough for a record in APS/BF-1000, but not too impressive. I was running a cut down fuel tank that doesn't cover the plenum, and although it stayed attached on the dyno, the duration of a 1.5 mile WOT pass was too much for it it seems. I will fab a brace and try again at Bonneville next month at World of Speed.

BUT - I also rode a turbo Busa for Scott Guthrie Racing, and ran much better. Saturday we ran naked - no fairing - and went 241, 242, 241 & 244 for 4 records. Sunday we put the stock fairings on and ran 264, 267, 266, 266, 269 & 269.776, for 5 more records.

So I wasn't too disappointed with the weekend. The bike went faster than it's ever gone, and ran like a champ all weekend, no issues. About 550-575hp, very safe tuneup. A frickin' freight train.

I'll post some pics when I get them, and hopefully the official results will be up in a couple days. Lots of fun.

I met XSpower, and Kawi9, both good folks, and I think they enjoyed themselves. I was kept very busy and didn't have much time to walk around the pits.

Dean

I found a video of a 266.9 pass, taken from the speed traps, crank your volume;

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3025233790064449971IBjhsj

·
Registered
344 Posts
great job dean :thumbsup: I got bills leathers but never got teched in so i never got to run, maybe next year :dontknow: i plan on draging it for the rest of the season and then do somthing different for next year
congrats again ,mike

p.s the side car bike looked crazy dangerous , was that part of your crew ??

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear you didn't get to run, I could have teched your leathers, there were 4 or 5 others that were teching bikes and gear, but once the racing starts you have to ask around to find them. Sucks.

The sidecar Busa was one of the Scott Guthrie team, riden (very well) by Todd Dross. That bike will get a turbo for next year - look for 200+ runs - big balls.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Impressive!!!!!!! 260Mph on anything especially 2 wheels .....WOW!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn't get to run, I could have teched your leathers, there were 4 or 5 others that were teching bikes and gear, but once the racing starts you have to ask around to find them. Sucks.

The sidecar Busa was one of the Scott Guthrie team, riden (very well) by Todd Dross. That bike will get a turbo for next year - look for 200+ runs - big balls.
I didnt know that you did that, rookie mistake :headshake

todd def has some big ones that just looked dangerous !!

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Another cool thread...thanks!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice job dean!

Did you have anything inside of the boots? I use hairspray before I put it all together. :thumbsup:
No, I haven't had any issues until last weekend. I just finished installing a brace and turnbuckle, it's not going anywhere now.

Thanks gents :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts