Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me choose...I'm looking to change my slip-on to a "small" style this winter.I would like to see pics/vids of your 04-05 with the above slip-on please.Would you tell me how you like them for sound,with or w/o DB killers.My bike is all stock except for my Micron high mount slip-on that I will be selling later.Is yours stock?Does it back fire alot with these slip-ons? Mine don't back fire and I want to keep it stock for now.The reason I ask is a vid I watched on Youtube with a Mivv was back firing bad.Last question,MGP don't make a mid pipe for an 04.So if I made a short mid pipe about 12'' attached the clamps and springs do you think that would be enough to support the system?I know thats a lot of questions lol,please fire away! :shortbus:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Damn!That looks and sounds sweet,is the rest stock?Thanks for sharing.BTY nice color. :zx_orange
Yes, stock. No PC3, no tune, nothing.
I fell in love with the Orange :eek:ccasion1

Make sure to watch the track videos I posted later on in the thread :thumbsup:
Good stuff.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Thanks, looks like we got an orange theme going here.
That's because Orange is the "Dog's Dangles".. I went to pick up one and found out that stupid ass Kawasaki only sold it for the 04" model!! WTF!!
So I got the next best color!!

Attachments

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
That's because Orange is the "Dog's Dangles".. I went to pick up one and found out that stupid ass Kawasaki only sold it for the 04" model!! WTF!!
So I got the next best color!!
Patrick, I love your ZX-10R :thumbsup:
Your Level One pipe looks tits too!
What finish is that on the canister?
Oh, and what headers are you running?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Patrick, I love your ZX-10R :thumbsup:
Your Level One pipe looks tits too!
What finish is that on the canister?
Oh, and what headers are you running?
Thanks!!! I'm digging the Orange rims!!! you already know this...:mrgreen:
It was the Ti coating, LOR didn't advertise it much cause it didn't sell very well. The exhaust is the Akropovic Evo 2 full titanium.
I found out about the Titanium colored pipe when I was looking on the LOR website and clicked on the "products" tab and at the bottom of that page they have "custom" pipes. You can actually order the pipe itself without the midpipe. That was when I noticed it said "Carbon Fiber, Black or Ti". I ordered it in 2 1/4" inlet to fit my full Muzzy system but scored an awesome deal on a full Akro Evo 2 ti system that the guy wrecked with. I had to fix the midpipe a little since it was smashed abit but then the inlet was too small to fit it. The Akro's run a 2 3/8 or 60mm inlet size, get this.. I called LOR and asked them if they could widen the inlet for me, she said send me your mid pipe and LOR can and we will do it for FREE!!!!! Noone does shit for free anymore..... except LOR, of course.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've been thinking about basically the exact same range of exhausts. Can anyone describe how loud each of them are relative to other more popular exhausts. I don't want one thats ridiculously loud which is all thats kept me from getting a racefit or LOR. How loud is the MiVV? Relative to say D&D or Akra or Leo

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Responding to my profile message. . .
Sigman, mine is the 260mm.
I don't even know if I've seen the larger size can.
260 is the way to go =)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks,I was on a web page and they offered both the 10" (260) and the 13" (330) and I like the looks of yours so I just checking.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Mivv GP can on my 05 ten

It is loud without being too loud and it pops and burbles on the over run. It also has an outlet that you can get your fist in ......:mrgreen:

I run it without baffle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts