Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my LOR Carbon Exhaust (260) for my 05 and the mid-pipe does not want to go on the header. I can turn and wiggle it but the farthest it will go on is about a half inch (with a struggle). Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else have this happen? It appears to be the correct mid-pipe...

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just tried that with the same results. It seems that if the metal insert/spacer thing wasnt there it'd go right on.

·
Registered
562 Posts
it is a pita but it will go on there...use some lube in those tight situations :thumbsup:

·
Chairman of the Board
16,082 Posts
I had the same problem. I ended up taking my insert out and fabbing up a thinner one in stainless steel. It works great, a very snug fit. I feel for you because I was extremely frustrated with mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should have to begin with but now comes the task of taking it back off, painting the mid pipe black and putting it back on.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a hanger for the LOR pipe? I took the buddy peg mounts off my track bike and need something to mount the pipe to. They don't sell a GP hanger for an 04 636 on their website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts