Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I thought that I would share my experience with the exhaust now that it has been on the bike for more than a week or so. I picked up the pipe back in June, I got the 260mm one with the db killer and a black clamp.

First off when everything arrived here at the dealership it looked great, quality build good packing everything was there. I was especially impressed with the black clamp it wasn't just a spray painted piece of crap.

Install was easy enough off with the old on with the new, I did do the lower fairing mod to the pipe and that did take some time (LOR just weld some tabs on the pipe for us please!) Once it was all situated and on however I was happy with the way it all came out looked great on the bike and has yet to give me any problems.

Intial start was great sounded deep and throaty and really angry which is what I was going for. Being as I did order the pipe with the db insert it came pre-installed which was great I didn't have to drill a hole and mount it in. They also sent an extra gasket for the insert so that you can take it in and out and have a spare.

With the insert out the pipe is ungodly loud, which is great just not for day to day riding. Don't get me wrong I love loud bikes but wow, the db killer makes all the difference in the world. The bike sounds great and is easy to ride day to day without my ears bleeding.

So with all that being said if anybody is on the fence like I was and really wondering if they want to or not DO IT! Great pipe at a great price, fast shipping and great customer service. LOR gets a big :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
great write up man....this thread is worthless with out pics so post some pictures...(being how i have the same color bike)
what i am after is how did you notice any gains/losses in performance?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,612 Posts
It looks tons better when you leave on the exhaust cover. Good job dood.
I have one on my 04 and it's not too bad on long rides.
Do you wear earplugs?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.