Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is it because Suzuki USA's web site is not showing any 2010 models that we are to guess that or do you have other info?

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Did you read the linked article ...

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
what if the 09's never sell? is suzuki just not going to send any more bikes to America?

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
My understanding is that this situation affects most/all of the bike manufacturers. Look at some of the deals being offered out there. The other manufacturers may be bringing in *some* 2010 models, but generally not very many, because everyone is loaded with 2009 inventory.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
This reminds me of when I was a little kid and didn't want to eat my dinner. If I didn't eat it, I sat at the table until I ate it. If I waited all night, it was OK because I would just have it for breakfast. Either way I was eating that plate of broccoli. LOL

So if the '09's don't sell even in 2010, it looks like they will have to eat their leftovers in '11? :badteeth:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
HELL YES!! Except the retards will be jumping squid ship and headed in our general direction-or yam- honda. I'm guessing that crashing a couple RSV4s doing wheelies and burnouts will get expenssive.

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
i think its just an economy issue but id be a little gun shy about jumping on the back of one after the snapy crapy frame issue.:dontknow:anyhow my feelings wont be hurt.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yup. I knew this was coming. Hold onto your bikes. In a year or so when demand is higher once bike production/inventories have equalled out with demand, you will get a fair price for your used bike. In other words, my leftover '08 ZX-10R I bought 6 months ago now worth $7500-$7800 on the used market with 1400 miles, may very well be worth about that in two years when the new bikes are in shorter supply, and selling for $13k + fees.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yup. I knew this was coming. Hold onto your bikes. In a year or so when demand is higher once bike production/inventories have equalled out with demand, you will get a fair price for your used bike. In other words, my leftover '08 ZX-10R I bought 6 months ago now worth $7500-$7800 on the used market with 1400 miles, may very well be worth about that in two years when the new bikes are in shorter supply, and selling for $13k + fees.
careful, you are sounding like the typical harley owner..."my FLHR*%& cruiser will be worth more than your plastic bike in 2 years!" Never count on a modern bike not depreciating, let alone a kawasaki that is not widely popular in the first place. The late model GSXR1000 and R6 are the only slight exceptions...although for these two examples it's a lower rate of depreciation rather than no depreciation at all.

I get your reasoning somewhat but I doubt it will hold. regardless, enjoy your bike and use it rather than worrying about value. as always, it's only worth what someone will pay for it..and right now, people dont want to spend much on anything let alone motorcycles.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I don't plan to sell my 10 anyway. But Super K is right without the Squidzuki they will migrate towards us and you will see a sh!t load of mohawk rockin wannabes messing up the Ninja name

1 - 16 of 16 Posts