Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new to this forum and just got an 05 ZX10R. All that's done to it is a slipon Muzzy pipe that I'll be cutting down to a shorty here pretty soon. But I was wondering what other mods would be beneficial for me if I want to take it to the strip every now and then? I was wondering about actual engine work as well as power-adders. Also if you have any used after-market parts I'd be more than willing to take a look at them! :cool:

Attachments

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Riffleman's 1/5 throttle insert, gears, PC with a good map, maybe a filter=good start.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What gearing would you suggest? I had -1 on my 06 GSXR 600 but lost some top-end. Also, should I maybe drop it a little to keep it from coming up so easily on me? And I've heard that filter don't really make that big of a difference...just saying

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Texas...is the school coming anywhere close soon?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
:welcome: PC with racefuel and a good tune, extend it 6-9 inches, lower it, put a good tire on it(shinko ultra soft is the cheapest) air shifter for drag racing and seat time. average weight person should be able to run 9.20's easily

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
:welcome: PC with racefuel and a good tune, extend it 6-9 inches, lower it, put a good tire on it(shinko ultra soft is the cheapest) air shifter for drag racing and seat time. average weight person should be able to run 9.20's easily
damn it, vince beat me to it!

Where did you get this bike from? It looks very familiar.

Gadson school is in VA or NJ I believe.

If you ever do end up wanting to lower it, I have dog bones for sale in the parts section.

Welcome.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Welcome. I would invest in rider training as opposed to power adders...Just my .02

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone. As fun as a class sounds, I don't think I have the money, time, or ability to go to another state for a class. Besides, there will always be someone bigger, better, and faster and so I bet with practice I can ride my bike as well as anyone could teach me.

Anyways, thought some of yall may appreciate a new look exhaust for me. I'm not a big fan of huge pipes so I decided to cut down my Muzzy Carbon Fiber pipe. I did this on my old 06 GSXR with a Yoshi tri-oval in chrome, and shortened it, then sprayed it flat black. Let me know what yall think of my new look.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I like the logo sideways...looks good.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks man, I'll have more pics up later, this is the only one I had on my phone and I was in class. It was hard trying to decide on mounting it sideways or just leaving it off, I think it turned out good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts