Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
part number 56054-0715 Nobody has one in stock and no one knows when available...Kawi and everyone else...

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got it....Kawasaki had it back ordered but had already shipped one to the dealer and my shop didn't know yet. Got in installed today.

Another reason I am considering a new bike. Parts availability difficulty with my Gen 4.

Waiting for the S1000Rr M Model to come in to review. $23,000

Dealer sold out until August.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Awesome.

I've never had issues with OEM parts for my gen4 yet. Although, I'm noticing aftermarket support is dwindling. I snagged the last Driven D-Axis rearsets and Akrapovic Full Ti exhaust from Parts Unlimited for the gen4. They are discontinued and out of stock now.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Upper fairings no longer available. (in Germany on eBay). The decal is back ordered and no estimate on when available. I was lucky they had sent it to the dealer.

Time for a new bike and the Bimmer looks like the hot ticket now.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Upper fairings no longer available. (in Germany on eBay). The decal is back ordered and no estimate on when available. I was lucky they had sent it to the dealer.

Time for a new bike and the Bimmer looks like the hot ticket now.
part number 56054-0715 Nobody has one in stock and no one knows when available...Kawi and everyone else...
Your Bike Fell O-ver??
A BMW-Kawasaki Gods are Watching--------

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your Bike Fell O-ver??
A BMW-Kawasaki Gods are Watching--------

Didn't know you were still alive...last I heard you wanted to move to Texas.

I lowsided hanging off with cold tires.

Finding out parts are back ordered or no info on availability.

Decals and fairings?

If I have an accident, what's the likelihood no parts will be available - suggests I should start looking for a new bike.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Im not sure I understand your problem. It sounds like you own a 2011-2015 zx10 and are considering a BMW because you are worried about parts being available?

People rebuild kz900's, from the 70's. The odds of you not finding parts for your 2011 zx10 have to be close to zero.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im not sure I understand your problem. It sounds like you own a 2011-2015 zx10 and are considering a BMW because you are worried about parts being available?

People rebuild kz900's, from the 70's. The odds of you not finding parts for your 2011 zx10 have to be close to zero.
You haven't checked availability for fairings and decals...I wouldn't have posted this if there wasn't a problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'll bet it might take week for a local Kawasaki dealer to obtain a 2011 fairing, but the humor in your post is thinking the BMW is a way to solve this issue.

A decal being slow to get makes sense because its a part you cant stock forever. The adhesive goes bad, over time. If a warehouse had your eight year old decal it probably wont stick.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.