Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone help me out please? I'm looking for a true No Cut FRAME SLIDERS for my 2010 ZX-10R se, I really don't want to cut into my fairings if i don't have to, also I'm not too concerned about the cost, I think it's more important that they do their job, just in case. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have the T-rex's and I don't lile them as I am 6' tall and I constantly bump my knees on them. I think they are in a very uncomfortable position for me

·
Registered
181 Posts
motovation no cut sliders - about 220. they work - trust me - ive had a low side on then and only 2 scratches on the fairing and they went away with a polish. slider took all the impact. i wont go any other brand. replaced same one.

·
Registered
771 Posts
motovation no cut sliders - about 220. they work - trust me - ive had a low side on then and only 2 scratches on the fairing and they went away with a polish. slider took all the impact. i wont go any other brand. replaced same one.
have any pictures of them installed ?
those look good.

Leaning toward the puigs curently

Dam i wish i could find the dam pictures i seen him post it a couple times...

no wonder was on the zxforums...

http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-10r-forum/42122-08-zx10-frame-sliders-pics-please-2.html

·
Vendor
6,873 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
LSL sliders are good way to go, OP shoot me a PM if interested in more information. It is the best selling for the GEN 4 we've seen.
I like those and will be getting them from you guys b4 the season starts but does the left plastic need to be cut a lil to install it on the Gen 3?

·
Vendor
6,873 Posts
I like those and will be getting them from you guys b4 the season starts but does the left plastic need to be cut a lil to install it on the Gen 3?
That is correct on the GEN 3, will do so more digging on options if interested.

·
Banned
412 Posts
i don't think they are that old cause i never found them when i was looking for sliders myself like 6-7 months ago.

·
Registered
629 Posts
...also I'm not too concerned about the cost, I think it's more important that they do their job, just in case. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Wait, this doesn't follow... If it's more important to you that they do their job in protecting your bike, no-cut sliders don't make sense with their metal bracket arm installations, particularly if they do what I see many of the no-cuts do on the zx-10 which is, use an arm that will probably bend, or bolt to a location on the engine casing, so in an impact all the force goes straight into the side of your motor.

If you want the absolute in strength in any crash bobbin, you have to bolt it to the main engine mount on the outside of the frame which is the strongest most rigid area on the bike because it is where the thickest part of the frame and the strongest part of the motor come together.

This means cutting a hole in your fairing on both side though... but the R&G unit I got comes with a template and a special bolt to mark exactly where the hole saw center goes...

In the market of sliders, you'll either get a nice looking, iffy slider that "might" work in a crash or even simple tipover, or a slider that is fairly non-descript, but works as well as anything can possibly work...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts