Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has new wheels on their Gen 3 can you please post pics of your bike for me please?.. I am trying to decide whether to get the carbon fiber BST wheels or get a set gold wheels from another company, and can anyone give me some advice on the best wheels ( in their own opinion of course )...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I love the BST's, they look soooo pimp and are super light weight. Goldfish has some on his 04 and they are NICE...

·
Registered
451 Posts
which gold ones? I love the look of gold wheels on a black bike.

IMO, best wheels made- PVM.
Magtan and marchesini after that.
BST I consider specialty wheels, but there are plenty of people that like them fine.
Carroz get a real bad rep for a poorly designed drop center and difficulty mounting the tire.

You have to really look at the conditions you ride in and make your choice based on that.

Magnesium, although strong, may need to be replaced in 3-4 years if exposed to the elements regularly.

Carbon fiber, although strong, still IMO needs care with tire mounting, prolonged exposure to heat and UV rad.

Forged aluminum may be the safest bet for regular use on the street.

Really, the performance advantage of those two lightweight materials, however real, are not worth the $$$$ to most people.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Shit I'll sell you my BST's, you would need to order some new bearings for the front but the rear would fit no problem. :thumbsup:

And as far as performance there is no comparison, the BST are are the lightest thing out there. The bike feels completely different, quicker turn in, acceleration and braking, although there is a little bit more front end chatter under really hard braking.

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shit I'll sell you my BST's, you would need to order some new bearings for the front but the rear would fit no problem. :thumbsup:

And as far as performance there is no comparison, the BST are are the lightest thing out there. The bike feels completely different, quicker turn in, acceleration and braking, although there is a little bit more front end chatter under really hard braking.
How much are you asking bro? And thanks everyone this is much appreciated. Yea its tuff to find a good color wheel to go with the green bike.

·
Registered
388 Posts
How much are you asking bro? And thanks everyone this is much appreciated. Yea its tuff to find a good color wheel to go with the green bike.
I was really looking to trade them for a 600 race bike, but I would say 3g's shipped? front wheels include rotors :thumbsup:

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Those BST are Scary Light its like nothing in your hand.. I couldnt see myself riding on those suckers one bit... But they damn sure look good... I if i were you would choose them.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Those BST are Scary Light its like nothing in your hand.. I couldnt see myself riding on those suckers one bit... But they damn sure look good... I if i were you would choose them.
You get over it a bit once you ride with em once, you realize the function over form. But they do get quite a bit of attention when people realize they are there, they don't notice them right off the bat, but once they do everyone comes and :drool:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
THE BST's fo sho

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ZX10R members will get them for $2050 shipped in the US, Retail is 4145 on them. I have them on e-bay for 2200 right now.
Hmm, I should be re-enlisting back in the army within a month or so and i should be getting a nice bonus..again lol. I am trying to get stationed back st Fort, Carson so i will be very close to you if i do. We will talk about it give me a lil while to see what the army is willing to do for me.

·
Ninja Police!
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was really looking to trade them for a 600 race bike, but I would say 3g's shipped? front wheels include rotors :thumbsup:
Ok..that sounds good. Just like i just posted to Konichd, let me see what i can squeeze out of the army and ill let you guys both know something asap.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
HOL-E- COW, that is the deal of the century.

If I didn't have BST's already I would jump all over that. :mrgreen:
5mm spacers not included :wink:

BST's are a great wheel and look trick. If only I had a set of those hanging around :spit:

Everything Mavis said is true, however some front wheels are coming with seals (Ducatis) and soon they all probably will. The paint is a little delicate, I can't figure out why they don't go to powdercoating. I have had several sets powdercoated with great results. Marchesini's are really hard to paint especially the tn spokes without getting "framing" ie paint buildup in some spots. However the factory finish is great and as long as you care for them will look great for a long time.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The two reasons I like the BST's is that

1. I got a hell of a deal on them when I bought the bike with them. :cool:

2. I wouldn't feel comfortable riding on the street with mags, for no other reason then that I live in the Dallas area and its world renowned for its pot-holes. But for that deal? I might think about it. :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts