Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Zx10R 2016) I currently have a competition werks gp exhaust. I'm looking to either trade, sell, or buy a new exhaust. If anyone has a Taylor Made exhaust, let me know the asking price shipped. I live in California zip 92335. Let me know if this is a good choice or why not? And if you're selling any other good options, let me know what kind and how much. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts

Attachments

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
473 Posts
Dude, contact me or @CLCRacingLos for a good price on anything aftermarket!

·
Registered
2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R KRT ABS Edition
683 Posts
find me another that is much better, i'll switch. Why is it trash in the first place?
Aside from how ugly (IMO) and expensive it is, mind you it's a slip-on, it doesn't' make any power. +2 peak and +5 mid... and that's from the manufacturer and manufacturers always bloat their results. They're notorious for poor craftsmanship resulting in, not limited to, poor seals, split cans, cold welds, etc. It's not even all that loud to begin with compared to M4, Graves, etc. Heck a catted Akro is probably the same or louder. I've heard of a few fitment issues on it as well... things not lining up or easily centered, etc. I wouldn't screw with something that's gotten that kind of feedback on plenty of forums. There's a reason very few to no vendors list them.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Aside from how ugly (IMO) and expensive it is, mind you it's a slip-on, it doesn't' make any power. +2 peak and +5 mid... and that's from the manufacturer and manufacturers always bloat their results. They're notorious for poor craftsmanship resulting in, not limited to, poor seals, split cans, cold welds, etc. It's not even all that loud to begin with compared to M4, Graves, etc. Heck a catted Akro is probably the same or louder. I've heard of a few fitment issues on it as well... things not lining up or easily centered, etc. I wouldn't screw with something that's gotten that kind of feedback on plenty of forums. There's a reason very few to no vendors list them.
How ugly is a pipe sticking out the side of your bike? Manufacturers hide them under the seats.
This one looks great, just flush with plastics.
+2 HP gain from what other slip-on and people like to have nice things without the desperate need for those measly 2hp gain from some slip-on.
I have no idea what a dude who has no experience with Taylormade first hand, has any business commenting on the craftsmanship or durability of the product. I've had this on my 2011 10r since day one, I've yet to life through the hardship of craftsmanship issues you're boasting about.
Yes, its not all that raspy annoyingly loud. Finally I agree with you. If you want loud, why you need a slipon at all? just tear of the pipe, while you at it, take off the header too.
Here is my install experience..
Receive the box, open box, take off stock pipe (lots of time), put on TM and secure (15 min), throw on the carbon pieces (10 min) done.

We can argue about this all day or the red socks you wear over my green socks. Point is.. no need to shit talk without first hand experience.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Taylormade is trash. To start it looks like something a car muffler shop employee welded up on his lunch break. It performs like one too. Shitty gains and numerous people have had them come apart. I have personally seen it on a Triumph Daytona.

A trash exhaust with a nice carbon piece over it is still a trash exhaust.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do the world a favor and please pick something that doesn't sound like straight pipes. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just put an Akra titanium with link pipe on my 2018 zx10rr. Sounds AMAZING! You can get the noise reducer for it if it's too loud for your application. Looks good, too (IMO). Akra claims almost 10 bhp gain with the link pipe. I haven't tuned it fully yet, but in the lower RPM and power band, I can feel the difference on the street.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Taylormade is trash. To start it looks like something a car muffler shop employee welded up on his lunch break. It performs like one too. Shitty gains and numerous people have had them come apart. I have personally seen it on a Triumph Daytona.

A trash exhaust with a nice carbon piece over it is still a trash exhaust.
:lol:

Your insulting trash by comparing it to a Taylormade exhaust. :spit:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts