Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright Folks,

I am in need of some individuals to help me out. I would like to go for some rides here in San Diego, and am more than willing to go by myself, but that is not always fun. So I am looking for individuals to go for rides.

I am also looking for some individuals to do trackdays with. I don't have a trailer yet but would be more than willing to chip in on gas, etc. to get to a trackday. If anyone on here is from the San Diego Area and does track days...post up or PM me please!!! I am dying to get to the track but cannot afford to buy a trailer yet due to the near future purchase of a house. Once I get it, I can buy the trailer. So let me know if you are interested in riding locally or doing some trackdays.:thumbsup:

·
GEN II Driver
2,891 Posts
depending on what type of car you have you can easily mount up a tow bracket from u-haul and rent a little trailer from them for not much.

buy a beater pick up when you free up some dough. total necesity as a new home owner anyway and you can throw the bike up in the bed and not have to deal with the rediculous trailer laws in cali.

i got a '96 f150 for $2k after searching around. funny thing is, it's the cheapest vehicle i own and the most dependable.

semper fi.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys....I am in the process of checking out the site now....and how bad are the trailer laws. My wife already has a 4 runner and all I was planning on doing was buying a trailer???

·
Registered
184 Posts
Think he meant 55mph with a trailer...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can understand the 55 MPH thing....but I already own a 4 Runner and could use a trailer as well instead of sinking money into another vehicle, plus having to add insurance to that vehicle as well, maintenance, etc.

Trailers are easy to repair, if there is insurance required, it can't be all that much (a lot cheaper than a truck). I don't have to worry about it for a while because I can rent a trailer now...but I think I will be buying one in the future. I am friends with some cops anyway (former Marine Buddies)....I can get out of it....hopefully:lol:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Im all for riding locally, Palomar, once my fork seal is replaced. Me and my buddy plan on doing a track day in the next month or so also and would be happy to have another person to help with gas and room prices even if you are a jar head.

·
Funshine Bear
2,686 Posts
Hey jarhead, Im not in SD but just north of you. My bike is done right now but when its back up I will be hitting the track often. Hit me up if you want to go ride.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts