Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going the 007 route, i cant handle any more tickets, can someone send me a link, ive looked but cant seem to find them...

Thanks

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Speedyj said:
Im going the 007 route, i cant handle any more tickets, can someone send me a link, ive looked but cant seem to find them...

Thanks
its not the plates fault now is it? :headshake its that tube in your right hand that get the tickets :wink:

BD

·
Registered
523 Posts
http://www.vfxkits.com/c215100.2.html

Plus i have made my own homemade flip up #plates before on my old 97 ZX6R & on my 04 ZX10R till i took off the OEM #plate holder & brought a Greggs Customs fender eliminator for my 04 ZX10R

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Given that the original poster is from Australia, I'm guessing the problem involves the damn Gatso speed cameras ...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
if you know someone who wears glasses, ask for one of their old cases, rip it apart and use the sprung hinge. It will flip up and down, ive had mine for ages and it never changes from where i set it. Just reach back to change from hidden to visible.

·
I bleed Green!
2,612 Posts
They sell a clear spray you can cover the plate. It stops the picture and video from seeing the plate. Not sure how it works but works great from what I hear. I guess it wouldn't stop them from writting it down, the flip is a good idea. I'll find out the name brand and get back.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Well if you're just going that route just go all the way and throw the tag in the trunk. Cops gonna pull you over for that just as much as a flipped up plate.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Speed Fkn cameras everywhere, i recieved another fine for 73kph in a 70 zone. Victoria is the land of speed cameras.....!!

Clear spray doesnt work, ive already got that, only works at night ! Im looking for a cable driven version so i dont have to reach back.

·
Registered
523 Posts
:thumbsup: here is a few pics how i made mine before but sorry they are taken by phone camera

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
A far easier thing that we do here is to have your rego disc holder screwed below the number plate and when riding, just rotate the disc holder up so it obscures part of the no. plate. The camera pic will be disregarded then by the cops. Just rotate the disc away when in the city etc where the cops are actually likely to be , rather than the cameras. The worst you could cop if caught by a real life policeman is a fine for obscuring your plate, which is less than a speeding fine and less demerit points.

·
Registered
523 Posts
:mrgreen: cool good to see you like them bobsp1 & yes befor that electronic #plate thing i made i used to have a hindge on my disc holder to flip that up over the plate :crackup:

·
Registered
523 Posts
It's just a cordless screwdriver with a self centering toggle switch conected to the motor on the cordless screwdriver & works from the power from the bike not the battery from the screwdriver i plugged the wires into the tail light seems thats got constant power & i just pushed the switch forward to flip the plate up & pushed the switch back to flip it back down :cool: but i cant make any & send away sorry whispering smith cause the hardware like the cable from a lawn mower throttle that went down to a hinged plate & that i wouldnt know where you would mount the screwdriver for how long i would need to make the cable :headshake so thats a bit of an idea for how to make one

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ZX-10R_04 said:
It's just a cordless screwdriver with a self centering toggle switch conected to the motor on the cordless screwdriver & works from the power from the bike not the battery from the screwdriver i plugged the wires into the tail light seems thats got constant power & i just pushed the switch forward to flip the plate up & pushed the switch back to flip it back down :cool: but i cant make any & send away sorry whispering smith cause the hardware like the cable from a lawn mower throttle that went down to a hinged plate & that i wouldnt know where you would mount the screwdriver for how long i would need to make the cable :headshake so thats a bit of an idea for how to make one
very cool, hey maybe try putting a dummy light that shows when the plate is down or up, that way if you accidentally hit the switch or forget you will be warned if your riding around with your plate up.:idea:

·
Registered
523 Posts
yes thats it bluedevil thats what i had made on my ZX6R before i had a green light for when the plate was down & a red light to warn me if i still had the plate up so i didnt have to look back to look suspicious to the cops if i wasnt sure if i had left the plate up :wink:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts