Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

looking for extra power

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  mposey22 
#1 ·
I run an 05 set up for 1/8th mile. best pass so far is a 6.11 118mph. looking for some extra power without messing with the motor or nitrous.. I have a nitrous set up but dont want to run it on the stock motor. My buddy ran his 05 for 5 years before the motor blew and i want to keep the motor stock. Bracket racing on a budget. got a brocks sidewinder and a pc3. race gas didnt do much with the race map except hurt the wallet.. 140.00 a 5 gallon here in va.
Any body know any tricks they would like to share.
thanks

#2 ·
whats your gearing and wheelbase?

#4 ·
like thunder said unless you have a built motor that sidewinder is hurting your bike performance, good mods to do would be 08 race intake cam, deck head, thin hg... all will net you some nice gains without hurting the wallet to bad.

#13 · (Edited)
I've had a 15 on since last year and I love it. I've only been a 1.49 60 and a 5.94@121 1/8th with 6 inch extensions. I am 15/41. And I'm crossing traps in the quarter just clicking 6th.

Really man there's not really little ways to gain power. Only thing I would say is shave weight where you can. Take out your secondaries if you haven't already. Get a Rifleman 1/5th turn. Run your chain a little loose. Get rid of the rear brake. Put about 43-45psi in the front tire. And just keepin ridin the hell out of it. Being 200 lbs is definitely not in your favor but there's a lot of guys 200+ lbs. keep doin what your doin!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

#10 ·
1.50 - 1.53 60's, been getting down to 1.47s. weight is bout 220 with full leathers. I have a 15 for the front just havnt tried it yet.. bracket racing so tring not to mess to much till winter.. Once the bike hits 3rd that is where my power is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.