Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a quite sounding slip-on for my 08. I've been searching but it seems most everyone wants the loudest they can get. I'm not looking for loud or for hp gains, I just want to get rid of that bam-bam stick on the side of my bike. Any suggestions on an exhaust that looks good but isn't much louder than stock would be appreciated :wink:

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
D&d

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Hahaha! D&D are usually the loudest things out there!

Look for one of the european brands (Akro, Shark, Arrow, Leo Vince, etc) that come with a CE or "e" marking. Normally these have a noise-reducing baffle in them ... the one that everyone takes out. If you leave it in there, it meets the European noise regulations. Leo Vince has said that their exhausts will meet the new SAE roadside noise test as long as that baffle is in place.

Hindle has an aftermarket noise-reducing baffle for their street mufflers, but when I tried to order one, it never showed up.

The baffle might cost you 1 or 2 horsepower on the top end. If you have enough, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
i have the leo vince gp style slip on, and its pretty quite with the baffle in... this is when i had the boom box.

now its just wicked loud without the boom box, but the baffle quites it down... a little

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
One other thing; stay away from small mufflers like the LOR (I think). Friend of mine has one of those on his bike, and it's obnoxious. If you want it to be quiet without being restrictive, you need the muffler to have a large internal volume. With the stock system, the part of the muffler you see on the bike and the part hidden underneath both contribute to the total volume that it needs.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Hahaha! D&D are usually the loudest things out there!

Look for one of the european brands (Akro, Shark, Arrow, Leo Vince, etc) that come with a CE or "e" marking. Normally these have a noise-reducing baffle in them ... the one that everyone takes out. If you leave it in there, it meets the European noise regulations. Leo Vince has said that their exhausts will meet the new SAE roadside noise test as long as that baffle is in place.

Hindle has an aftermarket noise-reducing baffle for their street mufflers, but when I tried to order one, it never showed up.

The baffle might cost you 1 or 2 horsepower on the top end. If you have enough, it doesn't matter.
I was kiddin with him.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
540 Posts
One other thing; stay away from small mufflers like the LOR (I think). Friend of mine has one of those on his bike, and it's obnoxious. If you want it to be quiet without being restrictive, you need the muffler to have a large internal volume. With the stock system, the part of the muffler you see on the bike and the part hidden underneath both contribute to the total volume that it needs.
Its only loud if you have to remove the boom box. If he doesnt care about HP increases then I would say the smaller one would be better since it doesnt look as bulky.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I'm looking for a quite sounding slip-on for my 08. I've been searching but it seems most everyone wants the loudest they can get. I'm not looking for loud or for hp gains, I just want to get rid of that bam-bam stick on the side of my bike. Any suggestions on an exhaust that looks good but isn't much louder than stock would be appreciated :wink:
If you get the akrapovic and leave the baffle tip in, it will be pretty close to as loud as stock.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input. As far as You Tube, everything on there I saw sound like track bikes...not looking for that for sure.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I 2nd the Yosh!

Yosh and V&H are quiet...the KR Tuned also seems pretty mellow.
I 2nd the Yosh! I put the twin TRC slip-ons on my 06.
Louder than stock,quiet enough to hear the engine whine,loud enough to get some attention when you peg it.
Stay away from cf,thats so overplayed these days.SS or Titanium the only way to go.
Sincerely, Herr Glockt.
If you can break this .5 nickle,then I'd given ya my .2 cents!

·
Damn I'm Getting Old
995 Posts
Yeah, I put the Yosh TRC on my 14. They also come with an additional baffle you can put in to reduce the sound a bit more.

Has a nice throaty sound, but not real loud.

·
Registered
697 Posts
My Yosh was not as loud as I wanted and was a tad long, I cut it down and now it's perfect. The length fits the bike better and the sound is much better, but still not too loud.

I think they look pretty good and dont cost as much as others. My bike came with one from the dealer, I would have never considered a Yosh because of the relationship with Suzuki. I'm glad that it came with it though, they arent as common and look better than a plain round can.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
like I said it's an 06...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts