Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
running a stock motor 07 zx10r flyes out, tre, k&n filter, pcIII, brocks sidewinder (short), and block offs, running about a 60 shot on pump gas. need a mapp to get us close so we can runn it alittle. if anyone has one that would be great. thx just let me know what u have

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just my 2 cents. But there is no way in hell I would run a generic map for NOS. You really wanna get that custom tuned.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we are going to get it tuned just wanting something for right now to get us in the ball park.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you have a Brocks might wanna contact them, they are the masters at making remotely tuned maps for their systems.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i am waiting on a reply from them alsoi know they will give me a good motor mapp for the sidewinder but i dont know if they will give 1 for spray

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have a map for my 3rd gen ...at the time it had...full Arata...k/n pcv, block offs and a 40 shot ...if your interested pm me your email address and I will forward the map to you...

·
Registered
842 Posts
that motor is done with a 60 shot on a stock motor

·
Registered
318 Posts
seanc520;1626660 that motor is done with a 60 shot on a stock motor[/QUOTE said:
I disagree. I had a 50 on mine for awhile. Ran it with only 10% fuel added on the wot coloum. The bottom end will hold a 60 fine with 15% fuel added. U will have to worry about the valve spring tho. U might float a valve. Just try it and see how it acts in the high rpm range.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I have a map for my 3rd gen ...at the time it had...full Arata...k/n pcv, block offs and a 40 shot ...if your interested pm me your email address and I will forward the map to you...
ill take that map, need it for a start up/meantime before i take it to guhls motors to get ecu tuned!! pm sent 09zx10miami:thumbsup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
ill take that map, need it for a start up/meantime before i take it to guhls motors to get ecu tuned!! pm sent 09zx10miami:thumbsup:
Do yourself a favor and just wait for the custom tune. Each bike is different and there is no way to know how yours will act. I am not super familiar with nitrous on bikes. But, I know when you start pushing internals on anything you really need to be sure that everything is tuned properly before you begin running a large shot frequently.

If you do not want to wait at least start off with a smaller shot of nitrous and check your plugs. If everything is fine then move up slowly to your goal of 60. Here is some info on spark plug reading. Get good at this.

http://www.empirenet.com/pkelley2/sparkplugreading.html

·
Registered
126 Posts
60 0n a stock 10 motor is nothing....there are people spraying twice that much on a stock motor. honestly...that being said if you run a 1/8th mile i would add 15% at wot and you will be fine for a little while but if you run 1/4 mile i would deff get a custome tune before you thought about it. It can / will run lean at the top of the track. also i dont know what spray setup you have but make sure your nitrous enters the box and hits the temp sensor in the back of the box until you get a tune...just my:2cents:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts