Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wadded up my gen4 race bike this past weekend. I'm interested in a tank for a gen4. Color doesn't really matter, I'd like to find one with decent black, green or white paint. Also looking for the plastic trim panels that go on the sides. Again, color isn't super important, just looking for a matched set. PM me here or email me at Jake (at) coopskw (dot) com

Thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts
I found a mint fuel tank on eBay for a good price and also saw plenty of bodywork pieces for cheap.

For the tank side panels, I would highly recommend the following piece. It makes life much easier, as it unites 3 panels into one and it's much easier and quicker to remove (no tabs to break)

CRC Fairings | Kawasaki ZX10 2011+ Race Fairing Tank Cover

also this might be helpful as zx10r tanks don't crash well at all and you wouldn't want it to spring a leak and get your bike torched (as my friend did)

http://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Carbon_Fibre_Tank_Sliders/Kawasaki/ZX10-R/TS0004C/

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've already got a set of the R&G tank protectors on the way. The CRC piece does look pretty slick, I will definitely consider it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I'm switching to the CRC fairing soon. Ive been thinking about RG tank sliders. Hope you heal up man.

·
Always On Mod
1,844 Posts
Wadded up my gen4 race bike this past weekend. I'm interested in a tank for a gen4. Color doesn't really matter, I'd like to find one with decent black, green or white paint. Also looking for the plastic trim panels that go on the sides. Again, color isn't super important, just looking for a matched set. PM me here or email me at Jake (at) coopskw (dot) com

Thanks
That doesn't sound like fun. Sounds like you are good to go, just the bike needs some love. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if i come across anything.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That doesn't sound like fun. Sounds like you are good to go, just the bike needs some love. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if i come across anything.
Well, I'm pretty banged up, too. Stuck in a neck brace for the next 10-12 weeks. :wink:

Just figured I should start gathering up the parts that I know I'm going to need while I've got some time to kill. Most of the parts I need will be purchased new.

Let me know if you come across anything, I'd greatly appreciate it. :smile2:

·
Always On Mod
1,844 Posts
Well, I'm pretty banged up, too. Stuck in a neck brace for the next 10-12 weeks. :wink:

Just figured I should start gathering up the parts that I know I'm going to need while I've got some time to kill. Most of the parts I need will be purchased new.

Let me know if you come across anything, I'd greatly appreciate it. :smile2:
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Hope you heal fast!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a green tank with one small rash on the right side.

·
Registered
171 Posts
$175 shipped

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
There is two on ZX10r Parts for sale on Facebook. I have bought parts from the guy before so I know he is legit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sure, but you do understand I won't ship until the money order clears?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's fine with me. Just a heads up, you can usually cash a money order for that amount at the post office. I've done it many times.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Pm sent

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sent!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts