Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cycle world charleston south carolina

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dont get the arta its on. and wow! My low end bog has almost went away! Took for a test run last night power ban now starts at around 5k instead of 7k REALLY impressed. TIP: take the headers and throw them in the frezzer before install. This makes them slip right into the other pipes like butter. when they warm back up its like there welded in. Not to mention its only like 100 degrees here and cold pipes felt good as sweat was running down the crack of my ass lol

Picks in 1 day

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks... full system see headers at top look closely at them

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
The headers are hydroformed? Looks a little different.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea they are hydroformed. 1 weld had to admire it for about 15 min though realllly nice

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I would like to see them in person. Looks trick.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Hydroformed: generally used to form tubing. Both ends are sealed and fluid (typically some kind of oil) is injected into the tube after it is placed into a die that will only allow the tubing to expand to the desired shape. The oil is injected with great pressure, that forces the tubing to expand.

The cool thing about this is that tubing for exhaust systems does not have to be constant diameter. Nice funnel shapes and cones can be created for better airflow without lots of cutting and welding.

Hope this made some sense. It's still early and caffeine intake isn't where it should be yet.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CanyonCarver said:
Hydroformed: generally used to form tubing. Both ends are sealed and fluid (typically some kind of oil) is injected into the tube after it is placed into a die that will only allow the tubing to expand to the desired shape. The oil is injected with great pressure, that forces the tubing to expand.

The cool thing about this is that tubing for exhaust systems does not have to be constant diameter. Nice funnel shapes and cones can be created for better airflow without lots of cutting and welding.

Hope this made some sense. It's still early and caffeine intake isn't where it should be yet.
Right on the money! The micron race system has headers that look like cobra snakes with no welds if you look real close at the first pic you will see the funky bend on the headers. im sur this system does something that a little japanees man at micron figuered out. but i have no idea lol i got a shitload of low end out of it.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
the hyroformed fact is very nice and seams to work on some bike....only issue with micron (for me) is that the pipe is so damn loud over 7k

1 - 19 of 19 Posts