Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few weeks ago I documented in a different thread the problems I was having with some Goodridge "Superbike lines" I had bought for my 08. They were way to short to route properly in front of the fork tubes as designed.

I had numerous email exchanges with Goodridge where they later admitted the kit was designed with lines to short.

As it turns out, Goodridge weren't willing to do anything about it and eventually told me that were just to busy dealing with NASCAR right now to worry with it and just return them. Thats pretty lame.

Another member on this forum posted he was having the same problems with the same Goodridge lines. To short.

So Wednesday I had this bright idea of trying GALFERS version of Goodridges kit which is a 3 line kit that routes in front of the fork tubes and looks bitchin.

I called Hard Racing Wednesday and asked them to get me a set dropped shipped over night so I would have them by the weekend to instal. The lines showed up on Thursday, cant beat that.

The kits part# on Galfers website lists the GP kit as fitting the 2006-2008 models. That worried me when I saw that as it is my opinion the forks are longer on the 08 and what fits perfect on the 06 may not on the 08.

Sure enough the lines were a perfect fit on the 06 (in a mock up installation) and although close, they were to short for my comfort on the 08.

AAAARRRGGGGGHH. Why is this always the case? :badteeth:

So I emailed Sergio at Galfer and shortly thereafter got a reply from one of the owners Sandro Milesi.

I asked them if they actually tried these lines on a 08 or did they just assume they would fit the 08?

Galfer's reply;

Dear Ken,

First of all, I must apologize, this is one of those cases we simply failed to match our internal data and follow the already set procedures.

To generate a new part number we follow these steps and some others,

-Bring the bike to Galfer
-Take pics of the OEM System
-Get the microfiche files on the OEM drawing
-Install new Galfer kit
-Tested
-If approved we take pictures, generate DXF drawing and if needed we make instructions
-Generate part number and have it approved by myself

I try to run a very tight ship and one that prides it self to be very organized. In this case, we did generate a new 2008 REAR brake line part number and also indicated INTERNALLY that our GP line kit (I just looked at our drawings) were to be used on 06-07 since we did not test fit that kit on an 08.

Next thing our brake line tech knows (has been with Galfer for over 6 years) is that someone in the sales dept. decided to list the 2007 and 2008 as the same kit.

As you stated this is not professional and shows lack of commitment to quality and service. This is exactly what I wish we never did at Galfer.

I have asked for a 2008 ZX10 to be test fitted no later than tomorrow end of day and we will by end of day tomorrow have a new front GP brake line kit done for your application. Our brake line tech is already on his way to get a new bike as we speak.

Please if I could ask, hold on the return since we will exchange the 07 kit you have with the correct part.

I sincerely apologize for the lack of professionalism, again we strive to offer all our customers exactly the opposite you have experienced. I will make sure that the new lines come with a free set of brake pads as well as a bottle of brake fluid to bleed the new kit. We will also include a call tag for you to send the hoses back at no charge.

Just so you also know, we are so committed to our brake lines fitting correctly that we even bring bikes back after a few years to make sure that the kits we are providing are the best we can provide with the new parts we have on hand, specially since every year we design new parts and some times part numbers get completely revamped.

Please let us know your shipping address, and the color you'd like the brake banjos to be made, red, blue or black as well as the hose color you'd like to choose.

Sincerely,

Sandro Milesi
VP,Galfer USA Div

The last email I got from Sandro a few hours ago was that they went Thursday somewhere, got an 08 ZX10 and brought it back to their shop and a new kit just for the 08 was completed Thursday night and would be shiped Friday Next Day Air with Saturday delivery. At least that was my understanding.

Got the tracking # a little while ago.

So I will be waiting on the UPS truck Saturday morning, install the new lines, shoot some pix and update this thread. That is why I put this thread in the PICTURE section as I will be adding a bunch of pix Saturday afternoon.

This kit is as beautiful a brake line kit as I have ever seen. I have the same basic kit for the 06/07 that I will be returning so I know what it looks like. What I am getting is the same kit that I already have, but just longer hoses to accomodate the 08's longer forks. This GP 3 line kit is the best designed set of lines I have ever seen. You can judge that for yourseld when you see the pix later.

GALFER really went out of there way to fix this for me, and ensure I had the new lines by the weekend, since that was what I originally paid for.

That is phenomenal Customer Service and my hats off to them.

Check back later for pix. I can't wait to get them on as they route around the "front" of the fork tubes for that "GP" look. Bling and performance all in one package.

JJ

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Well,

First props to YOU JJ for taking the time to prove to them their mistake, and make them fix it FOR THE REST OF US, so nobody will have the same problem again !!! This shows your character and what you offer to this forum (although some guys here still can't get it)...

Second props to GALFER for understanding their mistake, stop NOT paying attention and fixing it !

Cheers,
TC.

·
Registered
403 Posts
indeed a very great customer service. specialy coming from VP. other companies will have their customer rep or some random person or even nobody at all to handle the situation.

Props to you JJ and GALFER. Thats my brakelines and its the best out there IMO

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the new lines installed.

I took the time to remove the bodywork and headlight assembly so good pictures could be made.

Just need to fill and bleed the lines with the Mighty Vac and put it all back together.

I took the body work off so I could access the left engine mount so I could get better clearance to the throttle bodies. Going to install the quick turn throttle before putting it all back together. Pictures are made, will post them up in this thread later tonight.

Perfect fit! I really like. Goodridge hoses are in the trash can. Expect a pix of that to. :lol:

The routing around the front of the forks looks awesome.

JJ

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Awesome, can't wait for the pictures as I might be interested in a set for my de-handled wheelbarrow.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome, can't wait for the pictures as I might be interested in a set for my de-handled wheelbarrow.
I have a 2006-2007 set that will fit perfect on your wheelbarrow. I will be returning those.

Brakes lines are bleed and rock solid. To bad its raining. :badteeth:

Going to run some errands, post the pix later tonight. Might be a few hours but they are coming.

JJ

·
Registered
429 Posts
great customer service. keep up the good work Sandro and Sergio keep up the good work, i have the superbike lines and i love them work real well

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
holy cow!. you can't beat customer service like that. thats awesome.
Galfer offered to send me some free pads and brake fluid but I turned that down. I already had new Galfer pads and a bottle of fluid. To take their generosity when it wasn't needed would not have been right. I don't operate like that. People who have dealt with me on this forum thru many transactions knows I am not like that.

But, they also sent me a check for $45.00 to repay my next day air shipping I paid Hard Racing, and then paid for the next day air with Saturday delivery themselves. Im gonna wake up in the morning thinking I am dreamin.

Here is the first of 3 pix before I have to do something else. I will post the rest later tonight. I have them on my Hard Drive, just be patient.

These 3 pix are a comparison of the Goodridge Superbike lines that are too short, to the Galfer kit. You can clearly see the Galfer kit has much longer lines so they route in front of the fork tubes instead of behind. The Goodridge lines were so short I just used them behind the fork tubes, but that wasn't right and Goodridge admitted it. I lost faith in Goodridge when they admitted the kit was flawed and said to send it back for a refund (like it is easy to constantly replace and bleed hoses) they wouldn't be doing anything with it right now and had no desire to fix it because they were to busy right now with NASCAR. They told me that. Wow!!!

Of course the shorter black hoses is the Goodridge kit and the clear with blue banjos the Galfers. The Goodridges would have had to be as long as the Galfers to work correctly. That really was the crux of the entire problem.

The hoses work the same routed in front or back of the fork tubes, that part is just bling, but if it is suppose to route that way, then it is suppose to route that way.

JJ

Attachments

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Notice also Galfer labels which end goes where. Can't get this wrong. Many people struggle with the 2 line kits trying to figure out which end goes where, especially do it yourself first timers.

I will post all the rest of the pix installed on the bike late tonight.

Later,

JJ

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I'll be replacing my Goodridge lines with Galfer as well. The fittings on the ends of the lines have rusted and have to be replaced.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts