Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody remember when Jeramy McWilliams was running ILMOR bike in GP? well look what I have aquired.........................................

Now rear disc is Valued at £600 and to buy set off wheels £4000.....................now if anybody is intrested can get my hands on some more sets. Wheels alone £1400 for pair.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
damn, how much do they weigh? that is gonna make your bike feel so different when you ride

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Lookin good horse :thumbsup:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Says Aprilla on the side cover. Good luck finding 16.5" tires.
When freind bought bikes they would not sell him engines! so he's using Aprillia motors as for tyres cutting my own slicks:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
nice,
But i wont pay more then 800 for both rims for my bike its not a fucking car the rims are small.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
nice,
But i wont pay more then 800 for both rims for my bike its not a fucking car the rims are small.
Please educate yourself before spouting off at the mouth like that with dumb comments:bitchslap

WHen you buy a car wheel what are you getting, just a hoop that you bolt on.
MC wheels contain bearings, sprocket carriers, spacers, etc, there is much more to the design and manufacturing of MC wheels. Some are much more excotic materials. Try sourcing forged magnesium or carbon wheels for your car and see what you come up with. It will not be 800$:crackup:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Horse that is badass, I have NEVER heard of anyone cutting the treads in their tires or tyres as you funny people call them lol jk.
Out of curiousity, how the hell do you do that?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Horse that is badass, I have NEVER heard of anyone cutting the treads in their tires or tyres as you funny people call them lol jk.
Out of curiousity, how the hell do you do that?
You can buy a heated tire groover on ebay, I actually just got one to play around with, I used a few old tires to mess with and it cuts the grooves suprisingly easy. I just have to work a little on my pattern design before I try and tackle grooving some tires I would intend to use.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can buy a heated tire groover on ebay, I actually just got one to play around with, I used a few old tires to mess with and it cuts the grooves surprisingly easy. I just have to work a little on my pattern design before I try and tackle grooving some tires I would intend to use.
You use a tyre regrooving tool:

·
Registered
94 Posts
likethe rims, along with the "tire's" .

·
Registered
94 Posts
the original pic that you posted , those tires look like they have some awesome tread on them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts