Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Well done on the win there RedNinja.Looks like you hit a nice high draw which will certainly get it out there.
I've played off a low single figure handicap for most of my life now,but I rely on my short game to keep me there.I just can't bomb it out there as far anymore,but I guess my average would be around 280/290 yards.
Keep it long and keep it straight as well. Good hitting!!!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Congrats man!

I've been at the driving range once, while a little drunk, and my longest hit was about 100 yards; my friend's best shot was 20 yards behind us. :lol:

The instructor-guy felt the need to come over and give us some pointers... can't say I'm into golf, but sure had a lot of fun - I don't think we stopped laughing the entire time at the driving range.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
dang, u crushed that ball. Are you very consistant hitting it that hard?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I actually sat and watched a long drive contest on espn 2 once some time ago. I laughed at first, these guys have a fairway as wide as a football field and still hit maybe 1 out of 5 in play. Then i thought about it though and im sure they are not holding back at all. Like you said, you can do 360 accuratly but trying to get every ounce out of a hit must make you less accurate. Or at least i assume anyhow, feel free to correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Congrats - been there myself but gave it up a few years back - too much travel and too much equipment. I still have a couple of my SMT Heads with Harrison shafts lying around but like others in addition to having too many hobbies I have paid more attention to my game rather then sending off the big bombs.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats - been there myself but gave it up a few years back - too much travel and too much equipment. I still have a couple of my SMT Heads with Harrison shafts lying around but like others in addition to having too many hobbies I have paid more attention to my game rather then sending off the big bombs.
That's awesome stuff man I hate you had to give it up. We try to make our sport grow as much as possible.

The grid in Mesquite at the worlds is 50 yards wide with a crown to it so anything that hits to the side may bounce further to the side.
When you think about it. Thats about an average good width fairway, and at 380 yards away its like threading a needle sometimes.

http://www.worldgolf.com/newswire/browse/64198-Marine-Mirror-Tee-User-Staff-Seargent-Jake-Taylor-Wins-NC-Military-Long-Drive-Competiti

1 - 12 of 12 Posts