Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Gracias! Getting it that high was for the drain, and I'm pretty happy I never had to use a scavenge pump. :) It did make using an internal wastegate a real pain though... the next one will get an external gate.

I'm going to try and race it as a streetbike one more time this year @ Elmo and Bonneville (faired and unfaired, respectively), then it's going back to 100% street duty. We have a lot of other bikes to build and maintain, and I may end up riding a few blown and/or nitrous pushrod motors in the mean time. If everything goes well I'll come out in 2020 with a A-1000-BF/BG with a 10R powerplant in it and try to set those records up above 210.

I don't have a build thread for anything yet, but I'm going to start posting a few for the V-twins, and I'll definitely post one for the A bike when I get to it. :) I will update the other thread as I get the intercooler up and running, and hopefully make it out to the 1/2 mile event at the end or March in AZ.
Post pictures, not all of us like power commander and ecu flash posts :crackup:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got the nozzles mounted in the TBs. They are tight, but only about 3 threads thick. Maybe I will drizzle a little epoxy around the base.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
little red locktite may secure those nozzles, hard to say with that size braided line, thier limited flexability and any side loads imposed on nozzle. smaller fittings and line should work, be easier to route with less strain on nozzles. realize ur flowing alcohol. male end on line direct to nozzles would give little more room. u jetting at the nozzles? if so a flared female adapter in nozzles may give u little more room.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Loctite is a good idea Jim, I'll try it for the dyno and see if it holds.

I will jet at the nozzle, and I hope to find -3AN female-female aramid lines that will be more flexible than steel braided.

·
Registered
294 Posts
pics can decieve, looked to be 4an fittings, think 3an lines sufficient and easier to work with. wet shot alcohol-wow! like that.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yep, I didn't want to rely on a PC3 for fueling with a dry shot. NX helped me pick out pill sizes for alcohol and 43psi fuel pressure. Ever seen a 12 jet? I can barely see light through it :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
most powersport fuel pumps are 4-5 lbs fuel pressure on wet kit on gasoline or comparable fuel.
flowing alcohol, 12 jet, 43 lbs fuel pressure, glad somebody knows what to do. calculated shot size if u can say? unique system, really interested.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here's what Brock at NX came up with. I'll test the 40 jets on the dyno and see what it makes.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
most powersport fuel pumps are 4-5 lbs fuel pressure on wet kit on gasoline or comparable fuel.
Flowing alcohol, 12 jet, 43 lbs fuel pressure, glad somebody knows what to do. Calculated shot size if u can say? Unique system, really interested.
+1

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Finally got to Livengood Motorsports for a quick tune. Ran fine, and made 175 hp / 81 trq on U4.4. I think the bigass Cosworth cam is too much for this mild engine. After it runs in the gas class at El Mirage (if that ever happens, the May & June meets were cancelled), I'll reinstall the nitrous kit and retune on alcohol and spray 50hp. -Dean

·
Registered
294 Posts
i'm not really surprised with the motor results. that cam duration was unknown when purchased but once being degreed with dial indicator and degree wheel set up was surprised how much duration it was ground to. mylast experience with the .400 web with similiar long duration produced a soft powerband but did result in 185 hp/85 ft lbs torque same fuel, same dyno/same tuner as u. my lowest hp/torque build on any ten motor-before u. was concerned with 3 factors with ur build, cam duration, stock head pipes, and the resulting duration/stk headpipe combination effect on each other. figure ring seal small factor also, but not the real problem. basic engine/head/valve seal good, little mismatch of components can have negative effects as u know. personally if running that stk headpipe, think that main culprit. dont see that pipe/this cam working together. just had a friend tune his 08 gsxr 1000 with stk head pipes, mid pipe, m4 slip on, still getting outrun by others, called me and we added used race akrapovic full system. tuner stated needed retune, back to same dyno bike for a hp pull made 9.4 more hp without retuning. little gear and pipe put him out front. all this said, nitrous really responds to big long duration cams, seen the results. so being off on motor does not mean same results spraying. if unknowing to me u changed the ex, then totally agree-camshaft duration is culprit for low hp/torque measured.

·
Registered
294 Posts
make u a offer, want to work this out. run a strip session as u are, then lets put my sidewinder on for another session. with my workload and changing up my engine, im out of racing until late fall. off my bike gathering dust, so pipe available for u will even help install. not racing much anymore, pipe available for any event if needed. keep it on bike, were close to each other, quick change out.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I think that Cosworth cam, came from a batch released by Cosworth at auction last year and was knocked out on flee bay by some parts dealers, but beware as I understand from Stuart Hicken that they never actually used the cams Cosworth provided for WSB. But as Jim says maybe on nos the duration will help.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Good info, thanks. I did buy this one on eBay from a shop in the UK.

If I could find a race intake, I might use it instead, but I'll give the Cosworth a shot first. Literally, about a 50hp shot :)

21 - 40 of 50 Posts