Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is red on the 07 10r...Do I have to put red back in there or can I use blue like every other bike has...?

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
I think either one will work but would prefer using the red. Just for reference, the rotor bolts are only supposed to be used once then discarded for new, I personally don't see why they can't be used more than once.

Tread

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
I think either one will work but would prefer using the red. Just for reference, the rotor bolts are only supposed to be used once then discarded for new, I personally don't see why they can't be used more than once.

Tread
:+1:

i use the red too.

heard the same regarding one time use but have reused twice without issue.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Tread
Thanks...I will go get some red...Never heard such a thing for replacing the screws..That's :rolleyes: on their part.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I don't use either. I use a brass brush on my bench grinder, clean the threads up like new and then do the opposite. I put anti-seize on them, then using a tourqe wrench, tourqe to exact spec. I have never had any come loose and they are never a problem down the road getting them out.

Flame ON!!!

JJ

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've always used blue for all bolts on my bike, including the rotor bolts. When a manufacturer says that you have to replace certain bolts, it is usually because they are "torque to yield", meaning that they are torqued to a predetermined amount of stretch. I can understand this for head bolts or crank bearing cap bolts but not rotor bolts. I re-used mine.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Gixxer has blue in all the screws. I thought red was the permanent, never to be removed, loctite....amirite?

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
My Gixxer has blue in all the screws. I thought red was the permanent, never to be removed, loctite....amirite?
Yes you are correct in that RED is advertised as a permanent locking agent so no i would not reuse it in this case however i would clean as JJ mentioned and use BLOO only.

BD

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes you are correct in that RED is advertised as a permanent locking agent so no i would not reuse it in this case however i would clean as JJ mentioned and use BLOO only.

BD

Cool...I will brake parts clean the red off the screws and replace with blue. Thanks, fellas.!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts