Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I took it to the dealer and they charged me $213 to replace the air filter and fix the rear brake. I called American Express and requested a dispute be opened for that amount to the original shop. The credited me that amount that was charged to the shop and debited me the same charge at the dealer.

·
The Pace
6,972 Posts
One thing about the 10r, I learned a bit about service departments. I love all the bike corporations that build supers but they have a major problem with dealer service people. However, I've only dealt with three dealers on the 10r; sure takes a ton of patience but the bottom line is that service admin have no clue about riding or anything what we do; my impression is that the Zuke Bandit is their bike of choice. Not joking.

I can add more but can't as last thing I want to do is piss off any local dealers as they're getting very thin.

To explain above point about 10r linked to dealers is that I've had MANY supers from Honda and Yuck but no problems, and sold them for nothing upon reaching 100k miles. Never went to a dealer unless a recall; mostly Honda was on top of recalls. And they did whatever quickly.

·
Registered
18 zx10r
166 Posts
I don't trust bike shops. I try to do the work myself whenever possible. Even the "pro" shops make mistakes so it's best to check the work after like you did. I had a head gasket replaced and they forgot to place the engine mount bolt back on my ninja 300. Yeah.... I almost crashed.

·
Registered
264 Posts
at least half of my engine build work is a redo from another performance shop, bad whats going on in performance builds nowdays. hard to trust anyone today, all about the money.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts