Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i just bought a use tank to swap the dented tank on my bike.

how do i take off the fuel cap ass'y?...i took off the 5 allen bolts, is there something else?

:idea:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
okay i just bought a use tank to swap the dented tank on my bike.

how do i take off the fuel cap ass'y?...i took off the 5 allen bolts, is there something else?

:idea:
Do you have the key for the fuel cap? You will need it to remove cap once all bolts are out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fuel pump out.....i don't see any tabs?... there is a cover with spot welds w/two half moon opening...now what?:idea:

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Turn the tank upside down, remove the fuel pump assembly , directly under the fuel cap you will see one big slot and 2 smaller oblong slots, in the two little slots you will see a phillips head screw which holds the bottom portion of the lock together , undo the two screws with a small philips head screw driver and the lock will fall into 2 pieces and you're done.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bought salvage bike for me and my son to rebuild, as a project, needless to say it had no keys for anything. Took to locksmith, $40 later and had one key cut to fit ignition, gas cap and rear seat. If you are wanting to use the gas cap then take the whole tank up there and they can do it. Only took about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turn the tank upside down, remove the fuel pump assembly , directly under the fuel cap you will see one big slot and 2 smaller oblong slots, in the two little slots you will see a phillips head screw which holds the bottom portion of the lock together , undo the two screws with a small philips head screw driver and the lock will fall into 2 pieces and you're done.
That easy writing then done! i can't even put 4 fingers in the tank....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts