Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my name's Andy I've been lurking around the site for about a month and I finally picked up my 04 ZX-10R with 8000 miles. It's in immaculate condition and I got it off Jameszx10r and this bike is amazing! I'm only 20 years old and weigh 120lbs so this thing moves! The last bike I had was an old Yamaha FZR600 so it's a big jump but I am very very careful with my stuff.

Here's a pic from my iPhone right after I picked it up on my way home.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Nice looking 1st gen man!! and :welcome: to the forum!! do you know where the slipon came from? i only ask cause i was watching one a while back and it had the titanium sato looking midpipe like yours. take it easy on that moster till you get used to her man, but enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Great buy, Mister! At twice the HP of the Fizzer, don't get silly... discipline and maturity will make the ownership experience last much longer...

But for goshsakes... get some full-gauntlet gloves, young man! (And all the other proper gear that goes along with it.. !)

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
^^^+1 I see gloves but no lid?!?!?!?!? Welcome though man and enjoy that beast!! Some day I'll have a gen 1 as well, love that bike, nice choice. Ride safe!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^+1 I see gloves but no lid?!?!?!?!? Welcome though man and enjoy that beast!! Some day I'll have a gen 1 as well, love that bike, nice choice. Ride safe!!!
I was wearing my helmet when I took the pic. It's law here but even if it wasn't I'd still wear one. I gave away my jacket with my last bike and I'm getting all new jacket and gloves dont worry. I just picked up a pear of almost brand new full size Alpine Stars SMX boots off a guy at work for $120. Went to the bike shop today to look at new jackets and gloves but didn't like any of the styles there.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I was wearing my helmet when I took the pic. It's law here but even if it wasn't I'd still wear one. I gave away my jacket with my last bike and I'm getting all new jacket and gloves dont worry. I just picked up a pear of almost brand new full size Alpine Stars SMX boots off a guy at work for $120. Went to the bike shop today to look at new jackets and gloves but didn't like any of the styles there.
Not bustin your chops bro but youve probably seen some of the riders down threads lately. This forum here is a family to a lot of us and family watches out for one another. Love to see new faces around here and this is a great place to learn about your bike. Glad to hear you gear up man and welcome once again. And I still love your bike :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not bustin your chops bro but youve probably seen some of the riders down threads lately. This forum here is a family to a lot of us and family watches out for one another. Love to see new faces around here and this is a great place to learn about your bike. Glad to hear you gear up man and welcome once again. And I still love your bike :eek:ccasion1
Yeah when I went to go get it I couldn't find a speck of dirt on it. It was just kept in mint condition. And I just ordered my armored jacket and gloves! w00t. Next will be 2 chatterboxes but they are so damn expensive!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Ive always wanted some chater boxes for leisurely cruises with the wife but yes they are very expensive and I could be making my bike go faster with that money so I still am with out LOL

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ive always wanted some chater boxes for leisurely cruises with the wife but yes they are very expensive and I could be making my bike go faster with that money so I still am with out LOL
Exactly my point, every time I'm about to order them I think of something else more worthy to buy. $190 a piece is a lot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts