Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have been riding a 6r since mid 2006 but i have had 2 deployments in between that time. I have been reading up on liter bikes and understand the risk but not sure if I'm ready. I would like to move up but still think it may be too soon.
Any thoughts on this? I have been eyeing an 08 10r. A little nervous if it is more bike than i can handle. Having a 6 is great on the island but im moving to the mainland soon and will have more road to use a liter, lol.
What sealed the deal for yourself to move up to literbikes?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The 10R was my first bike, I'm very happy with the decision. (1300 miles so far :) )

Just respect the throttle, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I went from an SV650 to my ZX-10R. I showed the 10 some respect and had no problems. The jump from 600 to liter would be less dramatic than what I did. How many miles do you have under your belt? I put about 10,000 on my SV before stepping up.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I think you will be fine...the very fact that you are showing apprehension is an indication that you are trying to go about this in a responsible way. Just remember, the bike only does what you tell it to do. Just my .02

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had 4 bikes before my 10. talked my firned into buying a 10 with me at the sametime so we could get an awesome deal and he has never rode before. He is fine on it but he does weigh about 270. just show it the respect it deserves, not the fear. Besides stock from the factory it won't wheelie on you in first gear till you hit 55mph. After a week or so i bet you'll be wanting to change that because you already feel comfortable on it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
had a kan-a-tuna then a 04 636 and all was fine prolly bout 4 years total before the ten ..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have about 6-7k miles on 600. started with an 05zzr and had about 3-4k miles and put about 2-3k miles on my 08 6r. I feel like i can handle it but how was the shock going from a 6 to a 10?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dont want to sound like a tool since im learning about the different 10r gen's. I was looking at an 08 but i really like the styling of the 07. Any pros cons on each from people that know? Which bike would be more forgiving for someone new to 10's

·
Registered
795 Posts
I've heard the 08 is more forgiving than previous gen's. I think it's something with the gearing - not too much below 8-9k, after that, hold on :mrgreen:

That's only what I've heard, mind you. But makes sense since many people bitch about no power in the lower revs. We don't the squidly-types loopin it out of the dealership.... like a squid shuttle
:thefinger :spit: :spit: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

that one still kills me :helmet: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts