Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Aug/e/n040804a.htm
superbikeplanet.com said:
Superbike should be the next step for Hayden. His contract expires after the season, but the cloudy atmosphere that surrounds Superbike these days makes jumping to Superbike a difficult step. "Obviously, that's been my plan. I was about 95% sure I was going to race Superbike here this year (in 2004), with Eric (Bostrom) and myself. We were negotiating the deal and then it fell apart," Hayden said.

In his younger days, Hayden rode Kawasaki and Yamaha Superbikes and would like another shot in the premier class. Hayden says it's not the big, bad machines that are important to him, but racing against the top names. "Superbikes, pitbikes, whatever ... I want the best guys in one class," said Tom. "That way, when you are driving home, you know if you were the third best guy that day or the first."

"I'm ready for the next step, the next level," he continued. "I feel there's another level here in the States. That's racing Mat and some of the other guys in Superbike. I just want to race with the best guys."
He's just dying to get on a superbike, but the guys at Big K wont get involved in AMA.
I say Kawi puts a factory team out there and watches Tommy sell their product.
Also, they would most likely win a championship!
I gurantee you Tommy and Roger could do it on a factory beast.

What are your guys thoughts on the AMA/anything to do with kawi and superbike '05?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
kawiman88 said:
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2004/Aug/e/n040804a.htm
superbikeplanet.com said:
Superbike should be the next step for Hayden. His contract expires after the season, but the cloudy atmosphere that surrounds Superbike these days makes jumping to Superbike a difficult step. "Obviously, that's been my plan. I was about 95% sure I was going to race Superbike here this year (in 2004), with Eric (Bostrom) and myself. We were negotiating the deal and then it fell apart," Hayden said.

In his younger days, Hayden rode Kawasaki and Yamaha Superbikes and would like another shot in the premier class. Hayden says it's not the big, bad machines that are important to him, but racing against the top names. "Superbikes, pitbikes, whatever ... I want the best guys in one class," said Tom. "That way, when you are driving home, you know if you were the third best guy that day or the first."

"I'm ready for the next step, the next level," he continued. "I feel there's another level here in the States. That's racing Mat and some of the other guys in Superbike. I just want to race with the best guys."
He's just dying to get on a superbike, but the guys at Big K wont get involved in AMA.
I say Kawi puts a factory team out there and watches Tommy sell their product.
Also, they would most likely win a championship!
I gurantee you Tommy and Roger could do it on a factory beast.

What are your guys thoughts on the AMA/anything to do with kawi and superbike '05?
Kawi is f-in up big time. They already lost Eboz to Ducati. If they loose Tommy, I'll freakin flip out. Let me tell you, I'm a bigtime Eboz fan. Not giving him a ZX10R Superbike killed him, and me. The same goes for my man Tommy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sp8,
I swear if they lose Tommy, unfortunately, King Kaw is gunna die. They have so much talent right now, Tommy, Roger, and Josh Hayes. They also have the best frigen bike out there. These guys are some of the best, and Kawi won't make a damn factory superbike team!
Losing EBoz was such a loss to Kawi its not even funny. He was kickin ass on a 800!!! comon Kawi!!!
Arrrgh!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
kawiman88 said:
Losing EBoz was such a loss to Kawi its not even funny. He was kickin ass on a 800!!! comon Kawi!!!
Arrrgh!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x
I'm with you on that man! EBoz was amazing to watch and I loved it when he would kick Mat "Cry Baby" Mladin's butt on the almighty GSX-R1000 with an underpowered ZX-7. They really F-ed up by letting him go. He would be totally dominating everyone on the 10! [smilie=m:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,830 Posts
Even though back then I was'nt really a Kwaka fan he sure was great to watch on that thing, reving its tits off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
I was talking about this on another site. Eboz is awesome on a I4. I to this day believe he would have beat Nicky Hayden in 2002, if his ZX7RR didn't have engine failures at the end of the season. That's got to hurt. If anything Kawi owes him a Championship.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
sp500 said:
Was it the $$, is that the reason he went to Ducati????
E'Boz was determined to race in the Superbike class and only Superbike class. He had another year on his Kawasaki contract. For many reasons, Kawasaki decided not to compete in AMA Superbike for the 2004 season. Since Bostrom's contract with kawasaki was for Superbike, he got out of his contract and moved to Ducati. Pre-season, on paper, he was one of the favorites. But things have not gone well for him on the Ducati. He just completed a test in Europe with the Ducati World Superbike riders. He was not familiar with the track and never got to try for a "fast lap" but he was slower than Regis Laconi and about the same speed as James Toseland. But they were on Pirelli tires and he was on the "faster" Michelins. After E'Boz left, Ducati brought in their Supersport rider, Lorenzo Lanzi, and put him on Toseland's bike with Michelin tires and he was 1 1/2 seconds a lap faster than Eric.... Lanzi is familiar with the track.

I think Bostrom should race a ZX10 Superbike for Kawasaki next year. But that won't happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
723 Posts
zeta xray said:
I think Bostrom should race a ZX10 Superbike for Kawasaki next year. But that won't happen.
One can always dream though, right?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
hoping and puzzled

Would be good to have a factory 1000 kwak on the grid.

Well I'm hoping they bring back yanagawa to world supers myself.

But the jap factories dont seem to be seriously racing superbikes anymore and this is a puzzle to me.

Its very odd what they have decided to so with this bike, clearly its quick, but you got to wonder why they didnt run a proper world superbike team.

Seems that prototype 1000cc fours for GP racing are more important than street bikes at the moment. SOmething to blame on Valentino maybe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Re: hoping and puzzled

blast_off said:
Would be good to have a factory 1000 kwak on the grid.

Well I'm hoping they bring back yanagawa to world supers myself.

But the jap factories dont seem to be seriously racing superbikes anymore and this is a puzzle to me.

Its very odd what they have decided to so with this bike, clearly its quick, but you got to wonder why they didnt run a proper world superbike team.

Seems that prototype 1000cc fours for GP racing are more important than street bikes at the moment. SOmething to blame on Valentino maybe
I'd say blame it on WSBK and their rules changes, requiring a spec tire from Pirelli amongst others. The Japanese mfgs weren't happy with the changes, so pulled out of the series to race BSB, AMA Superbike, and AMA Superstock, depending on the mfg. Leaving WSBK as pretty much the "Ducati Cup".

It's a shame that the big 4 are not all competing against each other in any one series this year. Honda and Suzuki in AMA Superbike, and Yamaha and Suzuki in AMA Superstock. Hopefully, next year will bring some improvements so that we may watch them all run head-to-head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,299 Posts
Re: hoping and puzzled

CanyonCarver said:
I'd say blame it on WSBK and their rules changes, requiring a spec tire from Pirelli amongst others. The Japanese mfgs weren't happy with the changes, so pulled out of the series to race BSB, AMA Superbike, and AMA Superstock, depending on the mfg. Leaving WSBK as pretty much the "Ducati Cup".

It's a shame that the big 4 are not all competing against each other in any one series this year. Honda and Suzuki in AMA Superbike, and Yamaha and Suzuki in AMA Superstock. Hopefully, next year will bring some improvements so that we may watch them all run head-to-head.
Actually, the "factory competition ban" in WSBK was more universal than just the Japanese manufacturers. ALL of the members of the Motorcycle Sport Manufacturers Association (?) agreed to the ban. Ducati and FP were exempted due to prior contractural agreements. Not all brands observed the ban to the same extent. It is generally accepted that the Ten Kate Honda is pretty well supported by Honda.

Enquiring minds want to know.... Was it just a mental lapse or are you really a Suzuki spy who let his guard down, when you failed to mention that Kawasaki is competing in AMA Superstock?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,060 Posts
Re: hoping and puzzled

zeta xray said:
CanyonCarver said:
I'd say blame it on WSBK and their rules changes, requiring a spec tire from Pirelli amongst others. The Japanese mfgs weren't happy with the changes, so pulled out of the series to race BSB, AMA Superbike, and AMA Superstock, depending on the mfg. Leaving WSBK as pretty much the "Ducati Cup".

It's a shame that the big 4 are not all competing against each other in any one series this year. Honda and Suzuki in AMA Superbike, and Yamaha and Suzuki in AMA Superstock. Hopefully, next year will bring some improvements so that we may watch them all run head-to-head.
Actually, the "factory competition ban" in WSBK was more universal than just the Japanese manufacturers. ALL of the members of the Motorcycle Sport Manufacturers Association (?) agreed to the ban. Ducati and FP were exempted due to prior contractural agreements. Not all brands observed the ban to the same extent. It is generally accepted that the Ten Kate Honda is pretty well supported by Honda.

Enquiring minds want to know.... Was it just a mental lapse or are you really a Suzuki spy who let his guard down, when you failed to mention that Kawasaki is competing in AMA Superstock?
Oops!! :oops: My bad. Just mistyped, as I meant to say Yamaha and Kawasaki, of course. Kinda spoiled the whole point I was trying to make, with 2 brands in Superbike and 2 brands in Superstock. Here's one for me. [smilie=2:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top