Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello; Mike here. Does anybody know where to get one of those lightwieght rear brake rotors where they are all machined out? I thought I saw some on Ebay in the past, but have not seen any recently. It would be for an 04 10R. Thanks. Mike.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
A galfer wave is very light weight and only a few more dollars than sending your stock rotor off, and then you can always put the stock back on and sell the rear if you want.
Just another option to think about.

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I have a connection and could get mine done for free, but I'm skeptical about how much is "safe" to take off.

In the pic. on that site, it looks like they took off a ton!

Do you have a pic. of yours?
Mine was on a previous trackbike so no pic but the one posted by Felix is what mine looked like. As far as safety goes I don't think there's a problem since many racers have it with no problems. And especially the rear rotor. Personally, the only time my back brake is used is when I flash the brake light at a stoplight/sign so the vehicles coming up behind me hopefully notice me better.

I think the only drawback to the rotors is accelerated pad wear but like I said my rear is almost never used so the only time that would be a problem is at the front.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
If it is a rear rotor...I wouldn't be too worried about them machining off too much. I will be sending off my OEM rear rotor soon...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
I love my trojans,their ribbed for her pleasure..keeps me safe..hehehehehehe

1 - 19 of 19 Posts