Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my headlites to brighters ones, and Im not sure what the part number is, read the manual but I cant see where it says what part number they are....so does anyone know the part number on the headlite bulbs for 07 Se. thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Your low beam is a 55w H11
Your High beam is a 65w H9

Canadian Tire or any other parts supplier myay be able to help you out as they are stardard type bulbs

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I thought there was only one...so to make them brighter I would just change the low beam..... right????

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Oh I thought there was only one...so to make them brighter I would just change the low beam..... right????
You could - there are varieties of bulbs - some brighter then others - I don't have any headlight (I do but they are vinyled over) but I believe that something like a Sylvania Silverstar is brighter than stock.
ANother option (though more expensive) is an HID conversion

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You could - there are varieties of bulbs - some brighter then others - I don't have any headlight (I do but they are vinyled over) but I believe that something like a Sylvania Silverstar is brighter than stock.
ANother option (though more expensive) is an HID conversion

I thought about the HID ones but I would have to pay someone to put them on, I just thought I would change the bulbs first to see if that would make a difference, I dont do alot of nite driving. I want to do some other mods to the bike and buy some rding pants first then see what money left.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I thought about the HID ones but I would have to pay someone to put them on, I just thought I would change the bulbs first to see if that would make a difference, I dont do alot of nite driving. I want to do some other mods to the bike and buy some rding pants first then see what money left.

If you can change bulbs you can install HIDs. Mine were plug and play and were about double the price of the silverstar bulbs Hardest part is finding a place to stick the ballast.

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can change bulbs you can install HIDs. Mine were plug and play and were about double the price of the silverstar bulbs Hardest part is finding a place to stick the ballast.

Ballast??? Whats that?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
You and I talk too much.
Buy the pants - if my wife had them on when she had her wreck things would have been different.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Go HID, like they said, if you can change the bulbs you can install the HID kit. The ballasts double side tape to teh inside of the fairing. Crazy bright!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
What brand of HIDs did you get? Do you have to splice the ballast into the wiring harness? :eek:ccasion1

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What brand of HIDs did you get? Do you have to splice the ballast into the wiring harness? :eek:ccasion1
SEE...this is exactly what i dont know how to do, its never that easy...bulbs i can do:thumbsup:

·
13,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You and I talk too much.
Buy the pants - if my wife had them on when she had her wreck things would have been different.

:spit: oh sorry!!

About the pants, come on you know what we are like shoppin, you just cant find a pair of pants that easy. Maybe if the bike shops carried them in stock but oh no they have to order everything in, I like seeing what Im ordering first and how it fits.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i am jumpin on the there hasta be a bulb that is good without extra parts and cutting and all that .. all i know is whatever is in my bike now suuuucks .. i am guessing it is the stock bulbs but i know you cant see anything with them ... and put them on bright you see a whole lot more of nothing

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
Red,..........get em.....night riding is changed forever!...best mod I have dome to my bike,..hands down!!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have used the Sylvania Silverstars on my cars and bikes. They are definitely brighter than stock. Nowhere near the brightness of HID lighting, though. $40 will get you the Silverstars. $100 will get you the HIDs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts