Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking for some outside advice. i went out riding yesterday since the ice was nonexistant and the weather was a balmy 2 celcius :crackup:

anyways my question is my back end is feeling a little light lately.. i recently put an undertail on it but thats about all ive changed.

the rear tire pressure sits at about 36psi the same as i always keep it at.

but when i slow down in a hurry i just cant seem to keep traction the rear is all over the place... nothing to scary just annoying.

now my question is what are yall thoughts?

brakes acting up?

cold weather traction problems?

tire pressure to high for weather?

im thinking it was just to damn cold as like i said it was the first day the roads didnt ice/frost over but your opinions are appreciated

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
If the temp is the only thing that is out or the norm, I would say that's your issue. Remember road temp also plays a role in traction. Just because the ice is gone, the ground temp is still low.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
There are numerous variables when it comes to handling on a motorcycle....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the temp is the only thing that is out or the norm, I would say that's your issue. Remember road temp also plays a role in traction. Just because the ice is gone, the ground temp is still low.
thats what i was figuring... but its always nice for a second opinion..

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
There are numerous variables when it comes to handling on a motorcycle....
:+1:......cold roads/ground temps= cold tires which in turn could very easily explain what your describing about how the rear of the bike is acting. VERY hard during normal street riding to keep a tire heated up on cold roads....better for it to slide around then than mid corner though.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
394 Posts
36ps1 is too muchin that kind of weather. Im no expert but i would drop down to 28psi, also in those temps tires are not going to warm much so depending on what tire & condition of tire it may not get better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts