Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys!!! hope your all doing good!

So I purchased my 09 10R Jan 9th, 2009 and so far I've put 14,537 miles on it...(I'm not trying to brag or anything, seriously) but I'm trying to decide weather or not its worth it to mod my bike. At the rate im going ill probably have 20k miles by the 1 year. Im not the hardest rider on my 10 but I do slip up from time to time with wheelies and racing/beating on it. I'm thinking of spending $1.5k-$2.5k on it. Is this a smart idea, granted everyday my bike looses value and i really don't care cuz ill keep it, its my baby lol but is it smart to mod it and go all out or just go 1/2 way all out? for example (substitute like a full exhaust for a slip on/gutted headers):)

leme know what you think green bloods!
in the mean time ride safe

5-F

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey guys!!! hope your all doing good!

So I purchased my 09 10R Jan 9th, 2009 and so far I've put 14,537 miles on it...(I'm not trying to brag or anything, seriously) but I'm trying to decide weather or not its worth it to mod my bike thinking of spending 1.5k-2.5k on it. Is this a smart idea, granted everyday my bike looses value and i really don't care cuz ill keep it, its my baby lol but is it smart to mod it and go all out or just go 1/2 way all out? for example (substitute like a full exhaust for a slip on/gutted headers):)

leme know what you think green bloods!
in the mean time ride safe

5-F
If you like it and are going to keep it mod it how you want. I have an FJR that had 18K on it when I decided it was a keeper and modded it. As long as you havn't beat the shit out of it it will be fine.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have a 2004 zx10r. i put in a thin head gasket and re degreed the cams, full exhaust and power commander at 6000 miles. the bike now has 57,000 miles and still running strong. no problems at all so far. just replaced normal things, chain/sprockets,spark plugs, wheel bearings. i am not easy on this bike ether.bike has seen track days, lots of top speed runs exc.. oil change every 2000 miles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just Do It!

Mod it man, customize it to the way you like and be one of a kind ! I think these bikes are bulletproof anyway......

·
Registered
629 Posts
My 05 6r had 50k miles on it when it was folded in half in an accident. It was still running perfectly with no troubles whatsoever and this is a bike that turned 8k rpm at freeway speed and had seen trackdays.

My 08 10r turns about 5k at freeway speed in top gear and it sounds so underworked all the time that I have no doubt mine will go 100k with regular oil changes and normal maintenance items.

Mod it! :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Mod till your heart's content (or pounding through your fucking chest on your fave bit of tarmac) Like I mentioned in a different thread, if you really love it, when it dies strip it down, clean it up, strap on a turbo and leave the fairings off.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
The most I ever put on a single bike was 68,000 on a 2000 Honda 929. Never one problem. Just keep the oil changed on a regular basis and don't red-line every shift and it'll last you a looong time.

·
Registered
581 Posts
The most I ever put on a single bike was 68,000 on a 2000 Honda 929. Never one problem. Just keep the oil changed on a regular basis and don't red-line every shift and it'll last you a looong time.
My freind from back home has about the same on his 04 10R and he still runs low tens in the quarter mile and wheelies like a bastard. Motor still seems strong.

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,371 Posts
Here is how I do things, if I barely use somethign I don't do to much to it, car, bike, suv. If it's something I use a LOT then I mod it more. Like my SUV, I drive a lot, so of coarse It'll have all the goodies, sound, looks, etc.

But 14.5K and it's not even a year old? WOW!
My 06' has around 17K.

Since you DEFINATELY use yoru bike and then some, HECK ya mod it out to the FULL!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts