Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have experience with the license plate covers (for cars) that are supposed to defeat the photo systems at traffic intersections. Don't get me wrong, I don't make a habit of running red lights, but the yellows in this town are way too short. Many times I end up in the cross walk after slamming on the brakes trying not to run the yellow. Our town is bringing this revenue generator online in a few months and I expect it to make them a lot of money. Just don't want it to be some of my money.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
gpz1100 said:
Anybody have experience with the license plate covers (for cars) that are supposed to defeat the photo systems at traffic intersections. Don't get me wrong, I don't make a habit of running red lights, but the yellows in this town are way too short. Many times I end up in the cross walk after slamming on the brakes trying not to run the yellow. Our town is bringing this revenue generator online in a few months and I expect it to make them a lot of money. Just don't want it to be some of my money.
:headshake :heyyou:

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rocketracermike said:
they are ileagal here. they really don't enforce it, but they will give you a ticket or make you take it off if you ever got pulled over.
Best I know they're not illegal here, yet. But the city is looking forward to the revenue generated by the camera tickets. The yellows in this town are so short that it's extremely easy to end up running the red light.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have heard of a Spray you can buy that just sprays on and anything you spray it on wont show up in a photo!
Sorry I forgot what the stuff was called, but it's out there! :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I saw an episode of dateline where they showed cops testing that stuff out and none of it seemed to work. I wouldn't spend the money on it.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Hair spray works. It makes the plate come out blurry on the picture

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I havent ran a plate in almost 6 years. I just leave the plastic dealer plate on. They are a bit ratty.......lol

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Ok....I tried like 3 different searches and didnt find anything, but they make a license plate bracket that uses black lcd to completely black out the plate, flick of a switch. Its somewhere on this forum.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thats from the same guys who made the original turnsignal integrator I believe...I remember seeing that in the pamphlet that came with mine years ago. Their site is flashalert.com . Not going to check if I'm right as I'm too lazy :p

-Frank

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Fastags makes a flip up bracket for you license plate. Switch mounts on your bars.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
FAF said:
Flip up license plate , working of the exhaust servo motor could be an easy solution ??

Dude- that is a hell of an idea.

If I ever wanted my tag to flip up I'd seriously consider rigging a fastags bracket to the servo.
Like a speed sensitive wing, well rpm controlled anyway. Eliminate drag at higer rpm's.

If you did pull over- "what do you mean my tag was up? it's down now, must be malfunctioning, that is only for use at show- I'll have to tighten it up."

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dudes, wouldnt that mean that your plate would constantly be flapping up and down with the butterfly valve?
I have watched the servo motor under the plastic between the passenger and rider seats, that thing opens and closes when you rev it up!

·
Registered
176 Posts
License plates-photo obscuring covers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screw it! Just go faster through the damn light ! Nothing but a blur N E ways!!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
just mount the plate under the seat so that you can't see it from the photo lights...like here

1 - 20 of 22 Posts