Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Yeah, they are mounted on the handlebars in front of the hand grips. They're the same levers used on the 2016-2020 ZX-10R, the 2016-2021 ZX-14, and the 2015-2021 H2 and H2R models. There's your info.

·
The Pace
7,316 Posts
Hi All,
Can any give me info on aftermarket clutch and brake levers.
Stock set up on this bike is excellent assuming Kawa admin has not dumbed down since their almost perfect gen 4. If you're experienced, (which I suspect not as noobs always try to fix what's not broke, quoting the dork Carter politician, Jordan, who got that right, but lied to us all like his fake 'born again Christian' boss, Carter,) but I digress,

Do what you want if experienced; meaning, if you like whatever FROM PAST BIKES, then do it. If a noob, do NOT do anything to this bike other that fender eliminator and replace can, but keep the stock can and converter.

edit: for those few readers and politicals here, Carter was Zbig Knight of Malta Trilateral asset. Just like Kenyon Obama and JUST like Knight of Malta rigged election Pedo Biden.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I've tried all different kinds over the years. I've been quite happy with the value and functionality of Chinese levers (Pazzo copies) but the anodizing is typically thin and not sealed so they fade quickly in the sun. That's one reason to pay for brand name on a street bike since the color lasts quite long on those.

Folding levers are a nice feature but the pivots can loosen up a bit over time (I've heard) so they can start to feel clunky. I'd probably go with Chinese folding levers if I was building a track bike that will inevitably hit the tarmac.

I'm currently running a super light CRG carbon shorty lever for my 99% street ridden bike but they don't fold and I'd cry if I ever crashed on them. They're also not that adjustable on the go so the brake lever is not suited for track use.

·
Registered
2021 ZX10 RR
10 Posts
Just upgraded my ‘21 with ASV (standard length) both clutch and brake…much more substantial feeling and look awesome.
Hi, my ASV levers for the ‘21 10RR fit and operate fine, except that it’s too short to make sure the cruise control can activate. I use cruise control often, so I had to switch back to stock. Do you have the same issue? I attached pictures of the asv and the factory side by side to compare.

Im also having trouble finding the exact tested fitment online for any manufacturer as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had ASV shorties on my 21 from the beginning and very glad of it. The dealer had no trouble installing them. They're fully adjustable, although if you move the clutch inward more than just a little, you won't be able to start it if it's in first gear. Most importantly, I do a lot of parking lot practice and I've dropped the bike a few times. Sliders saved the fairings and the shorties were only barely scraped on the very end. Standard length levers would have broken off.

·
Registered
2021 ZX10 RR
10 Posts
This is the "short" part of the clutch lever I'm referring to (see pic). It's the bottom of the lever which is supposed to be longer (as opposed to stock, see pic above post) to activate the white circular button which makes the cruise control "think" it's in gear. The stock clutch lever has a long enough extension, the ASV does not, regardless of shorty or long levers, it appears.

Was just wondering how Master P did it in his above post on his '21 without losing cruise control capabilities, and if anyone knows of any other manufacturers for the 21's that are long enough to work with the cruise control. All the '21 ZX10R's have cruise control now, so this feature means it requires manufacturers to make all different levers. I've tried Brembo, Rizoma, and all the major retailers but can't seem to find any that have been tested to fit specifically for the 21's 10R's.

Thanks everyone!!!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Green

Product Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design
Bicycle part Font Titanium Automotive exterior Bicycle drivetrain part

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
They work!!! I have them on my ‘21. They sent you the wrong tab. The ‘21 has a much longer tab to engage the cruise. Same thing happened when I got mine and a quick email to ASV and they sent the correct tab to me. Their site said fits ‘21 so it was simply an error with the tab. The levers are all the same for gen5 and gen6

Tire Sports equipment Automotive tire Automotive lighting Light

Green Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
2021 ZX10 RR
10 Posts
They work!!! I have them on my ‘21. They sent you the wrong tab. The ‘21 has a much longer tab to engage the cruise. Same thing happened when I got mine and a quick email to ASV and they sent the correct tab to me. Their site said fits ‘21 so it was simply an error with the tab. The levers are all the same for gen5 and gen6

View attachment 450264
View attachment 450265
Oh smack!!!! Thank you so much!!! I'll contact ASV asap. You guys are the shit! LETS GOOOOO

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,183 Posts
I had an issue with asv and the tab actually messing with my brake light button but i live about 20 min from where they are located so i took the bike in to them and Bob the owner figured the issue out and was supposed have modified the entire setup for the gen 5 based on the mod, hope no one else has the issue either way the levers are hands down the best you can put on your bike

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,183 Posts
Sure, I'll sell these. Let me try to find some other aftermarket ones that work with cruise control, and if I have to, I'll just go back to stock. Bought them new for $270 a pair, will let it go for $200.
dude, did you get that fixed, if not i have the owners info, i can contact him and let him know about the issue, he actually cares about us and if we are happy with his product. I have the fully forged levers, they are the c5, his outlook is this, if you are going to spend nearly 200 a piece for something as critical as the levers that make you stop and or start safley then they need to function properly and every time. they need to look and feel perfect or why bother upgrading. let me know, i would hate for you to toss out the chance to run a great set of levers because of a simple issue that i know they would fix for you

1 - 20 of 28 Posts