1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I have one and it helped my ET quite a bit. Was running 10.0 and then a wire got cut (don't know how) and was running 10.2. Fixed the wire and 10.0 again.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one and it helped my ET quite a bit. Was running 10.0 and then a wire got cut (don't know how) and was running 10.2. Fixed the wire and 10.0 again.
cool man. did you have to download the software from DJ to make it work with your pc ? and do you have the QS wired on a toggle switch.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
hey guys just wondering who all here is runnin one and wats your thoughts on them. are they worth the money and do they help out at the track ? any advice anybody can share will be helpfull. i came across this kit which looks like a good deal but wanted to get you'll opions on it.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170735958907?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
you mean you been running your bike without a quickshifter all this time?

If so very Impressive :eek:ccasion1 I am old school still foot-shifting myself but think I might try it out one day. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you mean you been running your bike without a quickshifter all this time?

If so very Impressive :eek:ccasion1 I am old school still foot-shifting myself but think I might try it out one day. :thumbsup:
yep still foot shifting bloo :lol: but been thinking about throwing a QS on to help improve shifting and times.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
cool man. did you have to download the software from DJ to make it work with your pc ? and do you have the QS wired on a toggle switch.
Yes, I had to download the software from DJ. QS isn't on a toggle. You can adjust the kill rpm and the kill time. I have mine set at 7k rpm and 65ms kill time. It's nice to have on the street too.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I had to download the software from DJ. QS isn't on a toggle. You can adjust the kill rpm and the kill time. I have mine set at 7k rpm and 65ms kill time. It's nice to have on the street too.
ok cool... can you download the software for the QS on there website or will i need to get the cd that comes with the pc ?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey I had the same thing happen to both of my wires. I have the dynojet kit also. Could you tell me which color wire goes where on the plug. they broke off at the connector so you can't tell where the wires go.
thanks.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I have a mate who brought a stand alone unit from one of the forum sponsors here and loves it. The question that needs to be asked is "what is the best way fuel or spark management to control shifting?".

That the only thing holding me back from buying one .

·
Registered
85 Posts
ok cool... can you download the software for the QS on there website or will i need to get the cd that comes with the pc ?
You can get the SW for free from their website. I have mine set to 65ms interrupt and start at 10K rpm - love it. Best improvement per dollar on my bike (I got it used for cheap!):thumbsup:

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
I have the dynojet which is the same thing.
I love it. After the brakes it is my favorite mod on the bike.

Tried to drag my dads bike when he didnt have it and i couldnt do it lol

I have mine working from 1500rpm on, so all the time.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
You can download the software from the website. If you already have the software on a computer, I believe it's under the options tab.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Hey I had the same thing happen to both of my wires. I have the dynojet kit also. Could you tell me which color wire goes where on the plug. they broke off at the connector so you can't tell where the wires go.
thanks.
Looking at the plug from the front with the locking tab on top, Green wire is bottom right and Blue wire is bottom left.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You can get the SW for free from their website. I have mine set to 65ms interrupt and start at 10K rpm - love it. Best improvement per dollar on my bike (I got it used for cheap!):thumbsup:
cool... yea im looking for a used one for a good price :wink: but thx for the info man.

I have the dynojet which is the same thing.
I love it. After the brakes it is my favorite mod on the bike.

Tried to drag my dads bike when he didnt have it and i couldnt do it lol

I have mine working from 1500rpm on, so all the time.
yea i figured it would come in handy at the track full throttle and not having to blip the throttle to shift. with the QS my understanding you can just bang threw the gears with ease :eek:ccasion1

You can download the software from the website. If you already have the software on a computer, I believe it's under the options tab.
ok i check that out, thx man.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I made my own bracket and used a cheap switch from radio shack, so I have about $15 invested since I had to buy the plug (9v adapter) from dyno jet. I already had the pc3 I needed anyway so I don't consider that part of the cost. It's been an excellent addition to the bike and well worth the trouble.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
i have a dynojet qs on the 06, like it works well ,bazzaz qs on the 2011 works better, but both way better than without . will never have a bike bike again without one.for the money one of the best mods you can make, imho

1 - 20 of 51 Posts